Seadude's Shenanigans: I dare to be different!

Started by seadude, March 04, 2015, 06:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: seadude on May 22, 2022, 06:12:20 PM

It will be an invaluable resource for when I eventually start on that 1/350 scale model I plan to build sometime in the future. T

But have you got the 44 ton artic you'll need to take the model to shows?  ;D ;)
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 23, 2022, 01:41:37 AM

It will be an invaluable resource for when I eventually start on that 1/350 scale model I plan to build sometime in the future. T

But have you got the 44 ton artic you'll need to take the model to shows?  ;D ;)

Artic is english for semi-trailer.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Firstly welcome back  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: secondly, well done on the prizes  :bow: :bow:
Decals my @r$e!

seadude

Uh......no. Even if I do eventually build the model, I highly doubt it would go to any shows. I have a friend who has a pickup truck, but I don't think the back bed is big enough. At 1/350 scale, a Habakkuk model is about 69 inches long (Almost 6 feet.). At that length, it would have to be split in 2 for it to be transported. Add in the dimensions of the display bases the 2 pieces sit on plus whatever storage containers they are packed in, and I'm very confident the whole thing will NOT fit in the back of my friend's truck. But I'm being a bit pessimistic right now. I haven't even built the damn thing yet.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on May 23, 2022, 03:08:37 AM

Ah yes, thanks for the translation Fred.  :thumbsup:
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on May 23, 2022, 03:08:37 AM

Yup - 'Articulated Lorry'
Not sure how long I've stored that snippet, but hey - there's a pub quiz somewhere waiting for my answer.