GROUP BUILDS > The Cold War G.B. 2018

Fairey Gannet ASS1, Z Flight, 7 Squadron, Royal Scots Navy 1968

(1/4) > >>

Doug K:
My go at the GB, My usual time-line as seen elsewhere.

In this case a Gannet of Z flight 7 Sqdn RSN, based at RSAF Sumburgh, Shetland.
I'll fill in the full back story more later but with over 3,000 islands the Scots have a few fixed aircraft carriers to call upon (in the real-world, over 60% of UK waters are actually in the Scottish Economic zone).
Maintaining Naval control over Maritime Patrol keeps the RSN in the fixed-wing business following WW2.

As for the model? Revell Kit bought on fleabay, found to be incomplete - no cockpit - hence the Eduard set and some plasticard......
Very oddly it came with a bonus sprue of a Lancaster Fuselage, I have decided that this will NOT play a part in the final build!

No final paint decided upon yet, Norwegian Atlantique or US Navy grey/white? It'll be a surprise to me as much to you!

IMG_1401 by doug_alba, on Flickr

AeroplaneDriver:
Love the idea of the Gannett in USN White/Gray, but for the operating environment something darker seems more appropriate. 

Doug K:

--- Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on April 02, 2018, 10:00:03 am ---Love the idea of the Gannett in USN White/Gray, but for the operating environment something darker seems more appropriate.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, thatís my dilemma!
Anyway, itís becomimg a nightmare, who ever had it before obviously began the kit, all the cockpit floor, bomb bay interior, as well as the cockpit parts are missing. So that includes the wing bracing. More work than planned!

AeroplaneDriver:
Ouch!  Always a nightmare getting a kit like that.  :banghead:

Captain Canada:
Very cool. Another aeroplane I love to see.

:thumbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version