GROUP BUILDS > Za Rodinu - The Anthony P Memorial Build

Su-15MV Soviet Aggressor - FINISHED

<< < (2/16) > >>

Captain Canada:
That is a cool project ! That's one aeroplane I love the look at....so nice yet so ugly !

And Holy ! Nice work by that Rato guy....and in 72nd scale ? Woah..... :banghead: :thumbsup:

Weaver:

--- Quote from: Captain Canada on May 13, 2014, 06:51:12 pm ---That is a cool project ! That's one aeroplane I love the look at....so nice yet so ugly !

And Holy ! Nice work by that Rato guy....and in 72nd scale ? Woah..... :banghead: :thumbsup:

--- End quote ---

Indeed. I'm toying with the idea of copying his air intake mod, not so much for accuracy as ease. Using the standard "buckets" that go on the back of the intakes would mean you'd have to paint a black "bulkhead" at the bottom of a silver "tube", whereas having the end piece separate means you can paint it black separately before joinnig them up. And I have black plastic....

McColm:
It was the Russians that came up with with the colour schemes used by the Americans worn by their Aggressor Units. The Russians used the Mig-21 through to the Su-27 on their Aggressor Units.
Interesting twist.

Weaver:
Didn't know they had one at all, but having just gone looking for it: yup!

http://thelexicans.wordpress.com/2013/08/12/soviet-aggressor-program/

Nice one McColm: looks like my "Phantomski" will fit right in!  :thumbsup:

McColm:
I've seen drawings of what the Russians thought the F-4 Phantom looked like, you're not that far away with your build. Just wish I'd hasn't sold the magazine I saw it in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version