GROUP BUILDS > Za Rodinu - The Anthony P Memorial Build

Yak-75 "Flapper"

(1/19) > >>

Gondor:
The Yak-75 "Flapper" is my entry for this group build. So far no pictures or back story other than what is below, just a fair amount of progress on the build and finally an aircraft manufacturer and aircraft number!

The basic idea is that Yak try to get back into the Fighter building game but for political reasons mainly they fail to gain support for their design loosing out the MiG with their Mig-29.

I will flesh that part out in time. So far the fuselage is together as are the wings and tail surfaces. Next step is a few little modifications and general cleaning up of the fuselage, filling sink marks and fixing seems etc.

Gondor

Captain Canada:
...so it's based on a Mig-29 ?

:tornado:

Dizzyfugu:
Yakovlev actually did a competitive design to both MiG-29 and Su-27 (the eventual concept winners for a tactical and heavy fighter), it did not look unlike the Bristol 188 with a Draken-style double delta wing. But this remained paper projects. Looking forward to see your take on this!  :thumbsup:

Gondor:

--- Quote from: Captain Canada on February 10, 2014, 05:46:13 pm ---...so it's based on a Mig-29 ?

:tornado:

--- End quote ---

errrrr no. I said "loosing out the MiG with their Mig-29"

I have based part of my design on a research aircraft by MiG but the rest is nothing to do with them even if it will look a little like a MiG 29.

Dizzyfuge, I always like to put an element of truth in any story, it helps confuse the JMN's. Neither the Yak-75 or Flapper designations were taken so I thought they might fit.

Gondor

Dizzyfugu:
No doubt on both - I just wanted to throw in the fact that Yakovlev actually had something on the drawing board for your historic occasion "slot" - so it has that grain of truth that will make a good foundation. Looking forward on your take!  :cheers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version