GROUP BUILDS > Za Rodinu - The Anthony P Memorial Build

Mig-21R

(1/2) > >>

Geoff:
It's a preproduction  version which did exist - but I can only find pics of the Prototype. basically PF with the wings off an M and a recce pod on the centreline.

Gondor:

--- Quote from: Geoff on January 31, 2014, 09:53:53 am ---It's a preproduction  version which did exist - but I can only find pics of the Prototype. basically PF with the wings off an M and a recce pod on the centreline.

--- End quote ---

Not exactly true.

The R was based on the PFS version with the slim spine used on the F version changed into a broad dorsal spine which was almost identical in cross section up to the fin root. The wings were strengthened to allow carriage of two tanks on the outboard pylons while the under fuselage pylon carried a reconnaissance pod.
there were four types of pod available:

* D - daylight photo
* R - photographic and electronic reconnaissance
* ED - electronic reconnaissance and countermeasures
* N - photographic and electronic reconnaissance equipment optimised for night use
The RF version of the aircraft had a more powerful engine installed.

Hope this helps

Gondor

Geoff:
Thanks

My intention is to do one with the narrow chord fin, so closer to a Wif.

Gondor:
I got my information from the 4+ book on the MiG-21. Lots of nice information in that including some very nice line drawings.

Gondor

Dizzyfugu:
If you are looking for in-depth info about the MiG-21 I direly recommend the huge book (700 pages...), compiled by Yefim Gordon:

http://www.amazon.de/Mikoyan-MiG-21-Famous-Russian-Aircraft/dp/1857802578/ref=sr_1_2?s=books-intl-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1391683467&sr=1-2&keywords=mig-21+gordon

It's the mother of all MiG-21 books, literally!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version