GROUP BUILDS > Panavia Tornado Retirement Build

DONE @p.2 +++ EADS (Panavia) CA-182A "Tornado", CAF 433 Sq., ~2004

(1/6) > >>

Dizzyfugu:
It's still early, since the Racing GB is still running and I am fighting with my last submission - but I have plans for an IDS Tonka in post-Millenium CAF colors. The idea behind this is that Canada might have needed, beyond the CF-188/F-18 as interceptor, something for the maritime attack role, much like the German Marineflieger Tornados?
Basis will be the late (and apparently very good) Revell Tornado IDS, built with just some cosmetic changes, appropriate ordnance and a proper CAF paint scheme.

AeroplaneDriver:
I always loved seeing RAF Tornados with Sea Eagles, but one with Harpoons would look great I bet.

Dizzyfugu:
That's the plan. I think the result will look quite interesting, esp. with a wraparound paint scheme, similar to the early RAF Tonkas but with slightly different FS colors, something like this:

Dizzyfugu:
Things started moving yesterday, I began to tackle the ordnance, e.g. a pair of 'Poons:

1:72 EADS (Panavia) CA-182A "Tornado"; aircraft "(182)715 of the Canadian Air Force 433 (Porcupine) Fighter Bomber Squadron; 3 Wing, CFB Bagotville (Quebec/Canada), 2004 (Whif/Revell kit) - WiP by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

1:72 EADS (Panavia) CA-182A "Tornado"; aircraft "(182)715 of the Canadian Air Force 433 (Porcupine) Fighter Bomber Squadron; 3 Wing, CFB Bagotville (Quebec/Canada), 2004 (Whif/Revell kit) - WiP by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Dizzyfugu:
More small steps: assembled the cockpit tub, the wings with the moveable pylons, the stabilizers, BIG fin and the VG mechanism.

Since this Tonka will be slightly "Americanized", I deleted the thrust reversers and implanted a pair of F414 engines.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version