GROUP BUILDS > Panavia Tornado Retirement Build

A Mighty Fin !! Tonka Theme Build 28 Squadron Indian Air Force

(1/3) > >>

Gondor:
A bit like Chris Payne buying so many new Airfix Phantoms so he can build one for each squadron that operated them, I have over the years done something similar with the Tornado...

So there remains just a few simple questions, which kit to build.... which after checking the instructions in the box against the RAF boxing of this kit I find they are the same other than the obvious decals

What to build it as was decided by seeing Spinner's posting of Panavia Tornado IS 'Bavandar' - No.28 Squadron, Indian Air Force, 1985, which as I like the diversity of and the general lack of knowledge about the Indian Air Force makes it ideal to build whilfs of which I have previous by building a TSR2 in Indian markings so why not the Tonka?

Next problem is where to build it  :-\

There was a modelling bench under there at one time, I think......

Gondor

zenrat:
I don't see a problem.  There's a clear space there at the front.  Use that.

;)

flappydaffy:
plenty of space for a 1/144 Tornado no?  :wacko:

Weaver:
The cammo scheme on that Monogram boxing is interesting and, as far as I know, was never applied in real life, making it an instant whiff. I don't know why, mind you: it seems perfect for camouflage over the deserts of southern Germany.

Dizzyfugu:
Well, the scheme is real, but the choice of colors went totally wrong and much too light (reminds me of pre WWII- RLM tones from the 3-color-splinter scheme). The real thing looked this way:

Original upper colors are/were RAL 6014, 7012 and 7021 (an olive drab, kind of Dark Sea Grey and a very dark grey, almost black).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version