<< < (2/9) > >>

Ian the Kiwi Herder:
 :thumbsup:

Ian.

AeroplaneDriver:
Not much whiffery to show yet, but the cockpit is done and along with the other internal bits all assembled on the base plate that makes up the bottom of the fuselage. 

The 'pit

The kit decals make a nicely detailed cockpit an easy affair.  Unfortunately I managed to screw up the rear panel and get the decal out of alignment.  I was sure it was lined up nicely when I left it to dry, but as you can see the decal sits a little too high.  I'm not going to lose sleep over it since it will be hard to notice in the completed model.  Seats obviously not installed yet.  I wasn't happy with the Kinetic F-16 ACES seats I was going to use so I ordered resin replacements. 

The internal stuff attached to the floor of the fuselage.  Cockpit, gear bays, and ducting for the Allison TF44 engines (license build RB.199s).  The supports for the ducting fit over the main gear bays to form the forward and aft gear bay walls.  It all sort of snaps together almost without glue. 

Time to get ready for a late shift at work, then a double tomorrow, but off all weekend and most of next week to make some progress. 

Ian the Kiwi Herder:
Very nice indeed, neat work, sir.

Ian.

kitnut617:
I don't know if you've seen this AD, found over on the Secret Projects Forum, it was published in Flug-Revue, Febuary1989

AeroplaneDriver:
Thanks!  Have not seen that specific pic but quite a few like it. Thatís the configuration Iím going for but with the F.3 as the base instead of the IDS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version