RAF Centenary GB - Discussion thread

Started by NARSES2, June 20, 2018, 03:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

The place for your general chat and ideas etc

I will be building, or at least plan to, 3 models - 1 simple re-paint of an in-service aircraft in a different theatre, 1 resin kit of a real world prototype which in my world enters service and then a mash up from 3 kits, which is a serious departure for me  :rolleyes:

Anyway enjoy yourselves once we get going
Decals my @r$e!

kitbasher

I'm in!  Single seater jet.  Will also see if I can fit a single seater piston fighter.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Arrow F1/Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco GA.1/Barracuda/Corsair GR1/EE P8/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/PC-12/Phantom FG1/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Twin Otter/Val/Vickers 588/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

zenrat

Due to a real life commitment (a pleasant one) I shall be sitting out the first month of this.
I will however be attempting, in months 2 & 3, to build an armoured car (fairly simple but will require a scratchbuilt turret), an RAF Harrier B (major kitbashed PSR hog) and an RAAF alternate purchase (paintjob Whiff).
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Big Gimper

Thanks for including rule #3. I have some ideas in which the RCAF had a larger presence of A/C from UK manufacturers.

RCAF EE Lightning and maybe others subject to the effects of increasing the dosage of my anti-procrastinating drugs.
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

Dizzyfugu

The topic doesn't ring many bells here (I could re-submit the Sea Hawk trainer, perhaps...?), but have one or two ideas for entries. One will probably be a late WWI biplane, and I consider a (he he) Spitfire with a radial engine.

Mossie

I can relax a bit after my exams second week in July so I'll have a crack at this.  I thinking about something ambitious.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Nils

i have loads of ideas, this wil be the ideal opportunity to start that RAF Air Support Command A320 CC.1 ive been planning for quite a while.

however, lately ive been looking up some ideas for RAF builds in various scales.

-Vindicator B.Mk.1 (RAF B-2A Spirit, 1/144)
-F-104K Starfighter F.Mk.3 (F-104G in RAF service, with Spey engine, 1/144)
-F-4E(UK) Phantom FG.4 (F-4E with Spey engines, 1/144)
-V-22K Osprey (1/72)
-Draken F.1 (SAAB Draken, 1/72)
-A-10K Thunderbolt GA.1 (1/144)

there's so many ideas going through my head i dont know where to begin  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

Cogitating on a kitbash which includes a Rotodyne, a Transall C160, something with twin booms and a big box thingie........
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

63cpe

I'm planning to join in for this GB with 5 more and less ambitious projects. With this annoucement I immediately have to put in the disclaimer as my builds usually take three seasons to complete....

But anyway with this disclaimer in mind I plan to make:

2x Fairey Ultra light helicopters if developed from prototype phase and operationally used by the army and navy.
A late 30-ies/early 40-ies Bomber (a simple repaint with some minor kitbashing)
A huge 50-ies bomber (most ambitious kitbashing project, sure takes a lot of putty and will end-up in a PSR feast with lots of dust everywhere, curled and used sandingpaper)
and
a late 30-ies/early 40-ies propellor fighter experimental

We'll see what this GB will bring.

Cheers!
David aka 63CPE

The Chaos

I am on board with a old Spitfire from Frog, the Kit is on the Way to me.

sandiego89

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 20, 2018, 04:23:34 AM
.... and I consider a (he he) Spitfire with a radial engine.

Perfect! That would drive the purists nuts!
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: sandiego89 on June 20, 2018, 05:38:59 PM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 20, 2018, 04:23:34 AM
.... and I consider a (he he) Spitfire with a radial engine.

Perfect! That would drive the purists nuts!

Bold project. I have seen a kitbash of a Fw 190 fuselage with Spitfire wings some time ago, and it did not look bad at all - even though a little contradictive. My plan is a "pure", early Merlin Spitfire with an engine transplant. Blending a circular angine with the sleek fuselage will be a REAL challenge, I think, but I have managed to mate a Mustang with a Centaurus, so I am positive.  ;D Might end up in Operation Torch markings, or very ordinary RAF livery.

zenrat

Not a radial, and not RAF but it might inspire something.
Pistophe sans Dingem Ps-R03 009 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Decals my @r$e!

Dizzyfugu