avatar_NARSES2

Narses2's Blog - or what I'm slowly making progress on

Started by NARSES2, April 21, 2012, 02:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Yup and I get on well  with Gary the editor, genuine bloke  :thumbsup:
Decals my @r$e!

PR19_Kit

Good that he's back there, he does a proper job with the mag.  :thumbsup:
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Yup he gives the Mag a nice mix of styles when it comes to the builds  :thumbsup:
Decals my @r$e!

NARSES2

Decals my @r$e!

Pellson

It's a very nice looking early Hurricane, that one.  :wub:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on July 20, 2022, 12:21:37 PM
It's a very nice looking early Hurricane, that one.  :wub:

Thankyou, it's a nice kit to start with  :thumbsup:
Decals my @r$e!

NARSES2

No progress this past week, been a catching up with old friends week  :thumbsup: So hopefully get back to the Hurricane this coming week.
Decals my @r$e!

NARSES2

Very little progress again, although the Hurricane has been brought to the paint shop stage, as I found that I got a bit involved with the Commonwealth Games. Been enjoyable, well done Birmingham and the West Midlands in general  :thumbsup: Although the cycling had to be held at Lee Valley  ;)
Decals my @r$e!

NARSES2

Whilst looking for something else this morning I found a box with some long forgotten, just started to almost finished, projects in it that I'd obviously lost all enthusiasm for. Among these and buried under a pile of dust (didn't Quinton Crisp have a theory that there was a maximum amount of dust that could settle on anything ?) I found an almost completed Azure Cierva C.30. Now I know the RAF had some Avro Rota's in service during the War, but I was thinking of finishing it as a pre-war FAA spotter ? I'll have to clean the dust off first, but we shall see.
Decals my @r$e!

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 11, 2022, 05:42:14 AM
Whilst looking for something else this morning I found a box with some long forgotten, just started to almost finished, projects in it that I'd obviously lost all enthusiasm for. Among these and buried under a pile of dust (didn't Quinton Crisp have a theory that there was a maximum amount of dust that could settle on anything ?) I found an almost completed Azure Cierva C.30. Now I know the RAF had some Avro Rota's in service during the War, but I was thinking of finishing it as a pre-war FAA spotter ? I'll have to clean the dust off first, but we shall see.

I like the idea of a 1938 FAA spotter.  I'm sure that there's a fascinating backstory lurking  here, involving either Armed  Merchant Cruisers using them to scan for U-boats in the early months of the war, or  Fiji class cruisers tracking down blockade runners and raiders in the South Atlantic and Indian Oceans.

The spotter wouldn't even need to fly far from the ship......horizon at 50 feet above sea level about 10 miles, but from 2500 feet about  65 miles.

Incidentally, it's not dust, it's a long term atmospheric deposition experiment that shouldn't be disturbed whilst it's in progress.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Rheged on August 11, 2022, 08:52:23 AM
Incidentally, it's not dust, it's a long term atmospheric deposition experiment that shouldn't be disturbed whilst it's in progress.

I like the way you think...  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on August 11, 2022, 08:11:08 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on August 11, 2022, 05:42:14 AM

I'll have to clean the dust off first, but we shall see.


Pick and shovel?

Gondor

Not quite, but definitely a face mask  ;D
Decals my @r$e!

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on August 11, 2022, 08:52:23 AM

I like the idea of a 1938 FAA spotter.  I'm sure that there's a fascinating backstory lurking  here, involving either Armed  Merchant Cruisers using them to scan for U-boats in the early months of the war, or  Fiji class cruisers tracking down blockade runners and raiders in the South Atlantic and Indian Oceans.

The spotter wouldn't even need to fly far from the ship......horizon at 50 feet above sea level about 10 miles, but from 2500 feet about  65 miles.


Very similar to the way my brain was meandering. Definitely thinking S Atlantic or Indian Ocean.
Decals my @r$e!

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 12, 2022, 05:34:33 AM
Quote from: Gondor on August 11, 2022, 08:11:08 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on August 11, 2022, 05:42:14 AM

I'll have to clean the dust off first, but we shall see.


Pick and shovel?

Gondor

Not quite, but definitely a face mask  ;D

So not quite requiering an Archeology degree?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....