Pellsons Perceivings

Started by Pellson, December 27, 2016, 04:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

A silly question I'm afraid, but what's a Wind Energy Fair ? Is it just a name given to a fair, like "Spring Fair" etc or does it have something to do with wind energy ? An inquisitive mind needs to know  ;D
Decals my @r$e!

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 29, 2022, 06:14:40 AMA silly question I'm afraid, but what's a Wind Energy Fair ? Is it just a name given to a fair, like "Spring Fair" etc or does it have something to do with wind energy ? An inquisitive mind needs to know  ;D

They use the turbines as giant tilt-a-whirls.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Pellson

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 29, 2022, 06:14:40 AMA silly question I'm afraid, but what's a Wind Energy Fair ? Is it just a name given to a fair, like "Spring Fair" etc or does it have something to do with wind energy ? An inquisitive mind needs to know  ;D

You're welcome, mate.

I'm in the wind business, working with these big wind mills you see all around. I've been doing various things in this business since 2008, making me ridiculously senior these days as it's a rather young business.
Being an electrician and power system engineer, my main theme has been engineering in various ways, dealing a lot with power grids but also civil and turbine stuff.

As the Scandinavian part of the wind business isn't that big, most of the 500 people attending tomorrow will be people I know and have known for quite a while. So good fun. But it'll be a long day, and I'll pay a price later in the week.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Decals my @r$e!

Pellson

Back home, and loads of work as a fallout from an otherwise very nice fair event yesterday. Knackered now.

Still managed to get a second coating of the abominably thin German olive green (Revell 361/RAL 6003) on two projects, but that's it. Hoping for a quieter Friday.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!