Odds & Sods (aka Non Modelling) > Got any good Links put them here

B-45

(1/3) > >>

retro_seventies:
Great looking plane, rarely mentioned....

B-45

would rather like to build one - anybody else here built one? if so what kit? any suggestions?

all the best,

ben

Geoff_B:

--- Quote ---would rather like to build one - anybody else here built one? if so what kit? any suggestions?

--- End quote ---

Hi Ben

Mach 2 B-45 Tornado

Here one currently in production, i know MACH2 are a bit crappy and hard to build but the alternatives are a very rare frog kit from the 1950's or possibly Vacform from Sanger who do bothe the Bomber and Recon versions.

Sanger Vacforms

BTW you know their are some RAF marked ones that flew recon missions for the US over Russia.

Cheers

GeoffB B)  

retro_seventies:

--- Quote ---BTW you know their are some RAF marked ones that flew recon missions for the US over Russia.
--- End quote ---

that's a negative, i did NOT know that....cor, you learn something new every day, eh?

thanks for the link to the model...  

Captain Canada:
Geez, Thor...do you know every kit ever made, and where to find it, or what ?! You do seem very adept at finding them :wub: But, if only we could afford them all !

And Jeffry. I've got that article in a Flypast mag...I'll try and dig it out for you.

I think they had a really cool eyeball painted on the nose, too........

Cheers !

Nick:
Here's some details on the RAF spy missions with the RB-45 Tornado...
RB-45 Tornado
and
Operation Jiu Jitsu
Note the markings, they removed all the USAF identifier bits and stuck large RAF roundels on the side. I reckon this means the RAF have flown at least three different Tornadoes.... Hawker, North American and Panavia.

Nick B)  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version