What If ideas/goals for the upcoming year, what are YOUR plans?

Started by SigfanUSAF, December 31, 2012, 08:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Quote from: kerick on December 27, 2022, 02:22:20 PMI think you would have to modify the wing into a gull wing shape to get the props away from the water. Interesting idea.
Maybe a slightly swept wing in a gull shape. Hmmmmm....
Or raise the engines so the propellers are clear of the wings edge. Or something like this;

kerick

Boy does that look Russian or what? I'll have to keep that in the bash file. I've never seen that before and it looks cool! The pic looks like a picture of a book. What book would that be? I bet some more crazy Russian stuff in there.
I'll meet you on the dark side of the moon.

McColm

Quote from: kerick on December 27, 2022, 10:09:05 PMBoy does that look Russian or what? I'll have to keep that in the bash file. I've never seen that before and it looks cool! The pic looks like a picture of a book. What book would that be? I bet some more crazy Russian stuff in there.
It's based on the Beriev A-40 /A-42 Mermaid/Albatross turbofan amphibious flying boat which developed into the Beriev Be-200. Mainly used in aerial firefighting. Greece has leased it out and did place an order, so did the USA through a private company which has gone bust so nothing has come of this.
There's the Anigrand 1/144 model and the 1/144 Be-200 at a much lower price but a bit fiddly to build.