Based on the tandem seat F-111B concept model with photos

Started by McColm, May 04, 2022, 12:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Hi ,I found this photo of the alternative layout for the F-111B and thought that I could have a go at building it using the Revell 1/72 Tornado GR1 and the Revell 1/72 F-111 TFX kits. Which should look something like this when it's finished.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

McColm

I can't use the rest of the F-111 cockpit as it fits so well in the 1/72 YF-23B.

kerick

This looks awesome! Can't wait to see it come together!
I had one of those Revell F-111 kits with the parts for an A or B model. I've still got the B nose rolling around in the spares boxes.
There's someone in my head, but it's not me!

Steel Penguin

itll look wonderfull to any whiffer when done  :thumbsup:   and just wrong in a way that they cant put there finger on to others  :thumbsup:
so win / win  ;D
Redone 19/08/15  the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady added 07/10/18   take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances.   wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront

McColm

Thanks Guys for your comments, I'm using scrap pieces of plastic to fill the gaps around the new cockpit. These will be sanded and shaped accordingly. The alignment is slightly out but I don't think that it's noticeable.
The F-111 undercarriage pieces are missing so I am using the parts from the Tonka donor kit. I think this build would look better in 1/48 scale.

McColm