Vigilante & F-111, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Bravo!!  ;D :thumbsup:

The Me163 with butterfly wings looks particularly impressive.
"We thank you, but this diversion is not true. Things never happened thus."

"Oh, but it IS true. Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are
the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

NARSES2

Quote from: ericr on August 11, 2013, 01:57:17 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on August 11, 2013, 01:15:10 AM
Fantastic work but I especially like the two Pegasus models  :thumbsup:

I am preparing a new one with wings from a Tornado : the trick is to keep the mechanism that makes them vary their geometry together ... I think I have found the way :rolleyes: ... we shall see.



Look forward to that  :thumbsup: Eons ago one of the Wargames magazines did a whole article on the Roman Armies "Pegasus" Cohort. The mobile balistas were the best bit. Think it was in a Christmas special.
Decals my @r$e!

ericr


I'll post some more pegasus with aircraft wings ;
in the leantime, please consider this variant, replacing the classical horse with a giraffe
(could also be equipped aircraft wings ...)




ericr

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 12, 2013, 02:12:09 AM
Quote from: ericr on August 11, 2013, 01:57:17 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on August 11, 2013, 01:15:10 AM
Fantastic work but I especially like the two Pegasus models  :thumbsup:

I am preparing a new one with wings from a Tornado : the trick is to keep the mechanism that makes them vary their geometry together ... I think I have found the way :rolleyes: ... we shall see.



Look forward to that  :thumbsup: Eons ago one of the Wargames magazines did a whole article on the Roman Armies "Pegasus" Cohort. The mobile balistas were the best bit. Think it was in a Christmas special.

Here comes Pegasus Tornado ... (in the usual primaty colours : this time, red)



wings folded ...



and wings spread!



ericr


in this hybrids series, here comes the crossing of a B-2 (Revell 1/144, simply) and ... a Manta ray (I think the brand is Safari Ltd.).

It gives some round smoothness to the B-2 :



and, reciprocally, a bit of angularity to the Manta, keeping its big teeth though :




PS - actually, does anyone know whether there is a place / topic on this forum best suited for this kind of wild neo-whif?
Narses, you who seem to know it all, is this thread ok here?


dumaniac


NARSES2

#21
Quote from: ericr on August 20, 2013, 11:49:23 AM


PS - actually, does anyone know whether there is a place / topic on this forum best suited for this kind of wild neo-whif?
Narses, you who seem to know it all, is this thread ok here?



I'll take that in the spirit with which it's intended  ;D ;D ;D

This is such a unique collection I personally think it's as good here as any where else on site. It could go in the finished projects section under "Figures, cars etc" or under "sci-fi". If you'd like me to move it then let me know. I'll post a redirection note so people know where it's gone.

I do like that B2Manta by the way  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Decals my @r$e!

ericr


a new aircraft / animal crossing :

take :

a flying fish (baby size)

and :

an Airbus A380

there are two results of the crossing (in primary colors,as usual for me) :





and






from the following ingredients :



and



Captain Canada

Love the 'fish' series ! Not sure which I like better....the rays or the actual fish ! The A380 fish is awesome !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Decals my @r$e!

ericr


thanks!

another crossing, between Killer Whale and a PZL-24

one way






and the other :






starting from this :



and that :



hope you enjoy it ;)

NARSES2

Decals my @r$e!

zenrat

Do you take requests?
I'd like to see you combine a sperm whale with a Hercules please.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Librarian

Quote from: ericr on August 20, 2013, 11:49:23 AM

and, reciprocally, a bit of angularity to the Manta, keeping its big teeth though :




That is superb, hadn't seen it before. Years ago I read a series of exceptional books called Necroscope by Brian Lumley. One of the best involved a Cold War situation where a giant manta like creature escapes from the Vampire World....this picture instantly recalled that. Have to read them again. Why no one has ever brought them to the big screen is beyond me :unsure:.

ericr


thank you all for your appreciation!

Quote from: zenrat on February 13, 2014, 02:38:51 AM
Do you take requests?
I'd like to see you combine a sperm whale with a Hercules please.

great idea! I didn't think of it yet, but now you mention it ...

I did something no too far, with a Beriev Be-6 (1/72) and a whale plastic figurine :





but actually, if you are inspired by the Hercules, please have a try at it : my skills are only limited, I would really like seeing hybrids done in a different and possibly more skilled style.

The Hercules certainly has a distinct look, personality, or snout? I have it in my future plans ...