Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Agree, completing something is always good. :thumbsup:

Want more pics of the build, please!  ;)

zenrat

Quote from: Gondor on September 20, 2022, 11:31:24 AM...Another neighbour has died over the weekend. Across the road an older woman passed away, I had seen her out the previous day and aparantly the police got involved, probably something to do with the fact her daughter had been involved with drugs which is what I am led to believe.

Gondor

All this death.  Where do you live?  Midsomer?   :o
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on September 21, 2022, 04:29:45 AM
Quote from: Gondor on September 20, 2022, 11:31:24 AM...Another neighbour has died over the weekend. Across the road an older woman passed away, I had seen her out the previous day and aparantly the police got involved, probably something to do with the fact her daughter had been involved with drugs which is what I am led to believe.

Gondor

Could be Cambridge. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 21, 2022, 04:44:41 AM
Quote from: zenrat on September 21, 2022, 04:29:45 AM

Gondor

Could be Cambridge. ;)

Stirling, former Capital of Scotland and former home to the Scottish Nationals where I first met some of the reprobates from here  :-\

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Found out that I got the wrong information about who died over the road, it was the daughter who had died, an ex drug user/dealer which as the death was unexpected as she had no medical condition that may have caused her sudden demise this explains the police visit.

As posted in the stash additions, I bought the wrong version of F6F to do a Mk.II Hellcat which I am planning to do real world. This does however leave me with a kit that I can whiff if I wish, Dutch maybe, possibly Far East markings, not sure if that makes sence or whether to do it in Post was RN colours but still do it Dutch. Need to check who operated what before I decide.

Also glad that the Mod's have given an extension the LHC GB, I now stand a small chance of finishing one or two builds while I still make inroads into the bathroom tileing. This is the first time I have done tileing to any great extend, my previous experience is adding some edging tiles around those fitted when the flat was built. This is adding a border and then tileing the rest of the walls. THe project is growing legs though, above the sink there was a gap, too big for another row of edging tiles and too small a space to lower the position of the border above the sink.

I have decided to raise the border above the sink which means I now have a 9cm gap to play with. This will now get a wooden board fitted to it which will have a shelf for toothbrushes and toothpaste extending from it, well that's the plan.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Well I removed the tiles above the sink that needed to be raised, along which a fair amount of plasterboard  :banghead:
Some of it decided that the adhesive was to nice to let go of so it stuck with it rather than the rest of the wall  :-\  The hole was that bad that you could see the inside of the back sheet of skin of the plaster board. The hole is now partly filled with the adhesive where it is deep so it can dry out. The rest of the dents and bit that came away with the tiles have been filled and once all the holes are filled I will sand it all flush so that there are no steps between tiles. So while that is drying not much to do other than modelling and pottering around.

Gondor

zenrat

Thats normal mate.  Tile glue is stubborn stuff and loves to hang on to the under lying substrate.  If planning on replacing tiles I would always expect damage.
TBH you were lucky you didn't get a hole all the way through the board.
However, sounds like you have it under control but dry wall filler might have been a better choice to fill the hole as some adhesives can be hard to sand down.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Check your local home improvements store, they may have drywall patch kits that include both mud and patches.  I've had occasion to use them, and they work a treat.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Gondor

When I say adhesive I should have said the same filler that I am using to fix the tiles to the wall and for grouting as it's multi purpose, so I just decided to extend the purpose a little  :rolleyes:

Gondor