Gondor's Grumblings

Started by Gondor, April 08, 2013, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Always good to find competent tradies!  :thumbsup:

Gondor

This evening I refitted the border tiles at the tap end of the bath which other than some fiddly parts at the side of the sink means that part is done  :drink:

The fudge I did in the corner is hardly noticable, just got to work out what to do in the corner above that. I am thinking of using the black tiles I cut off the border all the way to the ceiling. This will clash with the white tiles for the walls but its about the right size and gives and edge for the cut surfaces of tiles from either wall something to butt up against.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

I decided in the end to go with cutting tiles to fit into the corner. The fact that the sections leading into the corner from both sides do not add up in length to a full tile is not a problem and the bend takes care of that by creating the illusion that they are one tile cut into two parts. The down side is trying to cut a 20 x 10 cm chamfered tile into a 2 x 10 cm tile and a 18 x 10 cm tile and just that is running at a very low success rate.  :banghead:  On the other hand, it's not looking too bad even if I say so myself  :thumbsup:
Most of the forth row of tiles are on, complete with Plasplugs which is a type of fancy rawplug for plasterboard, for the basket to hold shampoo and the like. Second attempt as I made a mess of the first attempt by getting my measurement wrong and haveing them too high. A change ot methodoligy and this time they are correct and between two rows of tiles so all I need to do is file a notch in the edge of the tile where the mounting screws are and the job's done!
Picked up new spectacles today and hopefully these are the last I need to buy unless I need to replace them through wear and tear. Iknow I said earlier that my vision is good, which it is, however that is for distance vision and for reading and anything close I need some magnification. So these are verifocal glasses with clear for the top half and gradual increase in magnification the further toward the bottom you go which is helpingfill in the awkwardness of pearing over the top of a pure set of magnifiers or wanting to keep changeing between wearing and not wearing glasses due to the distance things are at. The main thing is that I should not need any more, and two years untill my next eye test as well!

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....