Hot Research Topics > Aircraft, Armor, Weapons and Ships by Topic

T-62

<< < (2/3) > >>

philp:
I would have to scrap up a lot more wheels to do something like that.

Just wish the 35th scale parts box was bigger.  Would love to add an APC turret to it, maybe a Bradley or Saradin or Fox.  That could be cool.  What parts I have in the bin are mainly WWII stuff and definitely lacking in turrets.

Leaning more towards some type of 72nd scale sci-fi vehicle.  Was thinking Bolo but would need more track units and running gear.  Plus it would be a little small for a 72nd Bolo.  Maybe some type of large mining or agricultural vehicle.  Or I could just add several types of turrets :wacko:

joncarrfarrelly:
Forget about the hull and turn the turret only into a scale-o-rama hover-tank or UFO thingie.

Then you could use the hull and suspension to build something else.

Taiidantomcat:

deathjester:

--- Quote from: philp on December 08, 2009, 10:22:54 am ---I would have to scrap up a lot more wheels to do something like that.

Just wish the 35th scale parts box was bigger.  Would love to add an APC turret to it, maybe a Bradley or Saradin or Fox.  That could be cool.  What parts I have in the bin are mainly WWII stuff and definitely lacking in turrets.

Leaning more towards some type of 72nd scale sci-fi vehicle.  Was thinking Bolo but would need more track units and running gear.  Plus it would be a little small for a 72nd Bolo.  Maybe some type of large mining or agricultural vehicle.  Or I could just add several types of turrets :wacko:

--- End quote ---
You can still do a Bolo - just halve the scale twice again, so to make it 1/288 scale.  This would make it a 14,000 ton monster that will still fit on your shelf ( and technically, a Mk XX Cognitus, the first true Bolo).
  You have the treknology!!!

Jschmus:
The Wiki article on the T-62 mentions that the US Army obtained a number of T-62s for OPFOR training.  They were re-engined with Caterpillar diesels, and fitted with MIL-STD radios and antennas.  You could say that the upgrades extended to rearming, with the 105mm L7 for instance, and that the tanks were sold off to some fourth party, a PMC or other mercenary outfit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version