The Welsh Harp Sea Monster II

Started by McColm, March 13, 2022, 10:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Originally two Airfix BAe Nimrod kids and the wings from a Avro Vulcan B.2.
Looks like the wingtips have been clipped.

McColm

This build is no longer in this format. The Airfix HS/BAe Nimrod fuselage has been replaced by the Trumpeter Tu-95 Bear H.

McColm

Tophe

Quote from: McColm on August 30, 2022, 02:26:58 AMThis build is no longer in this format. The Airfix HS/BAe Nimrod fuselage has been replaced by the Trumpeter Tu-95 Bear H.
Good mix! :thumbsup:
and pleasant pictures, thanks! ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

Looks pretty wild in both configurations !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

The modified Airfix BAe Nimrod weapons bay bomb rack filled the gap of the hole when the camera pod was removed.
I knew that the wingtip fuel tanks from the Frog Avro Shackleton MR.3 would come in handy one day.

Tophe

okay, go on, this is in a good way to completion ;)

Dizzyfugu

I can't help it, but to me this has a very Soviet look to it? Probably because the tail reminds me of the KM ekranoplan (the famous Caspian Sea Monster)?

McColm

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 17, 2022, 01:17:52 AMI can't help it, but to me this has a very Soviet look to it? Probably because the tail reminds me of the KM ekranoplan (the famous Caspian Sea Monster)?
I could pay tribute to the Welsh Harp Sea Monster ekranoplan one of my earlier started but never completed builds.

McColm

A design change a tribute build to an unfinished project The Welsh Harp Sea Monster.
I have earmarked one of my started builds to provide some parts and extra engines.

Tophe