Author Topic: Sywell Museum Book and Model Sale  (Read 332 times)

Offline Nick

• What-IF SIG
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
Sywell Museum Book and Model Sale
« on: May 21, 2021, 02:43:24 pm »
This has just popped up on my FB feed - it may be cancelled if it rains as it is all outdoors.

Sywell Aviation Museum has been hit hard by the COVID-19 lockdown and as such we are hosting this one off event to help raise funds for the Museum as we rely on donations to survive.

- Military/Aviation Books/ Model Kits and more for sale by fair donation
-Think of it like a small church bazaar/table top sale!
- Paul Fitzmaurice from Modellingtools.co.uk will be attending for all your modelling bits and bobs!
- Also attending are Vince and the good folks at Models for Sale for all your kittage needs! www.modelsforsale.com
- Please note that there will be NO ACCESS to the Museum that day
- Hand Sanitizer stations will be provided
- Please remember to keep social distance and only touch items you'd like to buy
- This event is held OUTSIDE and as such is weather dependent - if IT IS RAINING WE MAY HAVE TO CANCEL!
- The sale will be held in the Museum car park on tables outside the Museum entrance - parking is free. The Aviator Hotel garden and Pilots Mess SHOULD be open
- If you have items you'd like to donate please contact us in advance or bring them along - we'd really appreciate it!
- Owners of classic/military vehicles are welcome if you'd like to give your machines an airing (*sadly we can't provide tea and coffee etc)
Thereafter the Museum plans to reopen on 12th June 2021 and will then be open 1030-1630 each weekend and bank holiday until the end of September. We hope also to be open Tuesday/Wednesday afternoons between 1200-1600hrs

Any questions or queries, please email sywellaviationmuseum@gmail.com or call 07968061708

Offline Martin H

• Im their Leader. Which way did they go?
  • Administrator
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
Re: Sywell Museum Book and Model Sale
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 12:49:45 am »
I will miss it as im at work today. Althou my dad and Mike McEvoy are going.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) TSR-2 SIG Member.
IPMS (UK) R & D SIG Member.
IPMS (UK) DC-3/C-47 SIG Member.