Author Topic: McColm: what I'm working on, started and nearly finished 'Blog'  (Read 210270 times)

Offline scooter

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
Re: McColm: Westland Commander
« Reply #1650 on: July 19, 2021, 07:17:02 am »

Spaghetti bolognese can be cooked in the microwave,  just let anything with the Pyrex logo cool down before you wash it. The measuring jug exploded in the sink, I managed to clear up all the pieces of glass.

Also, if using plastic, wipe out the sauce/gravy (depends on what type of Italian you're talking to about it) with paper towels before washing.

I've got a Corningware roasting pan I acquired from my mother that's about as old as me.  And is perfect for standing rib roasts
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

Oh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Offline McColm

Re: McColm: it's my birthday 55 years old.
« Reply #1651 on: July 23, 2021, 03:06:36 am »
Friday 23rd July 2021

Yes folks I have managed to get to see in my 55th birthday. I've made lots of mistakes and may have said the wrong thing at the wrong time,  probably  p*ssed off some people along the way. Recovery isn't what I was expecting,  I am still very weak in my legs and arms,  I try to stimulate my mind in puzzles and a bit of whiffery. Having to do this all on my own is the biggest challenge.
The British benefit system does work but there's a lot of pooh to wade through to get the doors to open in your favour or it's not what you say it's how you say it. Politeness and a soft voice helps.
 Well after checking the post, I'll be searching for a post box. In my day they were on every street where I grew up,  not in Deptford Bridge. Another trek into the unknown.
Best make the most of today's good weather as thunderstorms are predicted over the weekend. More whiffery for me.

Offline Nick

• What-IF SIG
« Reply #1652 on: July 23, 2021, 04:00:12 am »
Friday 23rd July 2021

Yes folks I have managed to get to see in my 55th birthday. I've made lots of mistakes and may have said the wrong thing at the wrong time,  probably  p*ssed off some people along the way. Recovery isn't what I was expecting,  I am still very weak in my legs and arms,  I try to stimulate my mind in puzzles and a bit of whiffery. Having to do this all on my own is the biggest challenge.
The British benefit system does work but there's a lot of pooh to wade through to get the doors to open in your favour or it's not what you say it's how you say it. Politeness and a soft voice helps.
 Well after checking the post, I'll be searching for a post box. In my day they were on every street where I grew up,  not in Deptford Bridge. Another trek into the unknown.
Best make the most of today's good weather as thunderstorms are predicted over the weekend. More whiffery for me.

Postbox finder on Royal Mail website.
Try this https://www.royalmail.com/services-near-you#/results?postcode=SE14%206TL&latitude=51.474774&longitude=-0.026786&searchRadius=40&count=7&filters=&officeType=postboxes

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
Re: McColm: what I'm working on, started and nearly finished 'Blog'
« Reply #1653 on: July 23, 2021, 05:34:42 am »
Happy birthday  :thumbsup:
Decals my @r$e!

Offline McColm

« Reply #1654 on: July 23, 2021, 10:42:32 am »
Friday 23rd July 2021

Postbox finder on Royal Mail website.
Try this https://www.royalmail.com/services-near-you#/results?postcode=SE14%206TL&latitude=51.474774&longitude=-0.026786&searchRadius=40&count=7&filters=&officeType=postboxes
Thanks Nick👍

Offline McColm

« Reply #1655 on: July 23, 2021, 10:43:13 am »

Online zenrat

• Currently on double secret probation.
« Reply #1656 on: July 24, 2021, 06:08:29 am »
Happy birthday mate.  May you have many more.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Offline McColm

« Reply #1657 on: July 24, 2021, 09:41:48 am »
Happy birthday mate.  May you have many more.
Thanks  :thumbsup:

Offline McColm

Re: McColm: 1/72 Westland Commander helicopters
« Reply #1658 on: July 24, 2021, 10:18:27 am »
Saturday 24th July 2021

The day started very dark,  I had to leave the lights on until about 4pm. The  1/72 Revell Sikorsky HH-3E is now a gunship helicopter with the side floats deleted the lower side has a torpedo whilst the upper side has a multi-rocket launcher. Under the nose there's a trainable twin machine gun taken from the Ka-58 helicopter kit. It now has the Mk5 radome from the Sea King  along the spine of the helicopter. I'm not going to add the telescopic inflight refuelling probe to this build.
 The Mk8 Commander ASW has four torpedoes added to the weapons pylons on the sponsors.
As for the 1/72 Boeing EV-22A Osprey,  the undercarriage legs are from the Airfix Harrier GR.3 with outrigger wheels from the Revell Kamov Ka-58 kit,  I'm going to need a longer crew ladder! Plus a name change for this build.
 I have a few ideas for the 1/72 Airfix Avro Shackleton MR.2, paint one in the green and brown scheme of a Lancaster bomber. Green and brown on the upper surfaces , black everywhere else.
Then my mad scheme of raising the wings to shoulder height similar to the Avro York layout or B-24 Liberator.