General Modelling Forum > Tips, Tools, and Techniques

Scissors for vacform canopies

<< < (9/9)

PR19_Kit:
Cooer, that one's got a reputation for being very accurate.  :thumbsup:

But as the Maintrack 188 was mastered by Mr. Vacform, Gordon Stevens, I expect it's just as accurate. I'll write myself a note to see if we can clone thecanopy of mine, just in case.

chrisonord:

--- Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 05, 2020, 02:17:09 pm ---Cooer, that one's got a reputation for being very accurate.  :thumbsup:

But as the Maintrack 188 was mastered by Mr. Vacform, Gordon Stevens, I expect it's just as accurate. I'll write myself a note to see if we can clone thecanopy of mine, just in case.

--- End quote ---
Hmm? It needed a lot of  work especially on the engine pods  to make the parts line up, the exhaust nozzles and  intakes  needed sanding  down  all way round  a lot as they were considerably  bigger in diameter  to the rest of the engine.  The canopy  needed to  be held in several places  just for it to meet up with the  edge of the fuselage, it kept  springing  out, hence the use of  super glue.  I  have put it to one side now while I think of what to do with it . It is definitely a challenging and  weird shape for a canopy  that's for sure.  I think  a multi piece  injection  canopy would  work  better.
Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version