GROUP BUILDS > The Science Fiction Group Build

A naked Dragonfly...

(1/15) > >>

sykotik:
Hi all
No, it's not quite as weird as it sound - it's my entry for this group build. This is my first GB here, so be gentle. I'm also using this an excuse to finally build something different in regards to subject matter and I reckon this subject has it in bits.
It's the Industria Mechanika 1/35 Dragonfly resin kit. It's really nicely molded and is easy enough for a simpleton like me to put together. There's a lot of really nice detail in the form of gears and cogs here and there, rivets and a beautifully crafted pilot figure which I won't be able to do justice too. You don't get a billion parts which is great too.You get laser cut clear inserts for the PE wing frames to sandwich and the PE frets have a lot of additional details you can add to for rigging etc.
It builds up to a decent size too and spanning about 35cm or so I think.

I have what I think is a cool scheme in mind for this by combing metal and wood using wood decals for the main body segments so I end up with something similar to a naked Mig-3

So, what do you get for your money? Have a look:

The parts have been primed and are currently drying.

Well, that's enough for now, but I am really looking forward to seeing what cool projects people will come up with on this GB. There is heaps of talent in this forum!
thanks for having me
Si

Rick Lowe:
Interesting - and it's flown in the opposite direction from what I was envisaging.

I'll be interested to see this one when it's done.

zenrat:
Looks gorgeous.

Rick Lowe:
Nice. Thanks for the pic.  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat:
I've seen enough dragonflies zooming around to know that there's no way on Earth I'd be flying that thing with the cockpit where it is! :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version