GROUP BUILDS > The 2017 One Week Build

(DONE, PICS Pg. 4) BF-109 G6 Trop.

<< < (15/16) > >>

NARSES2:
You have done well with that camouflage mate  :thumbsup: The trick when using a brush is getting the correct amount of paint on the brush tip at the right consistency. Neither to much nor to little. You've kept it about right, well done.

Librarian:
 :o

Keep coming back, going away and coming back. One of the purest whiffs I've ever seen...meds on stand-by... :wub:.

Keep thinking winter camo and Burma...snowball in Hell...it actually confuses and amazes. Kudos :thumbsup:.

TheChronicOne:

--- Quote from: NARSES2 on June 06, 2017, 06:22:49 am ---You have done well with that camouflage mate  :thumbsup: The trick when using a brush is getting the correct amount of paint on the brush tip at the right consistency. Neither to much nor to little. You've kept it about right, well done.

--- End quote ---
Thanks, Chris!  I've learned a lot over the last year.   :lol:

Hell, the thought of painting ANYTHING with a brush turned me off ... I was all 'rattle can posse' back then... now...I prefer hairy stick over anything, hands down! I love it!! 

I've yet to try airbrushing but I could live without it at this point... (I COULD but I don't want to, I certainly want to learn it at some point).  But uhh.. yeah, the rattle cans are gathering quite a bit of dust these days.  ;D

TheChronicOne:

--- Quote from: Librarian on June 06, 2017, 08:43:30 am --- :o

Keep coming back, going away and coming back. One of the purest whiffs I've ever seen...meds on stand-by... :wub:.

Keep thinking winter camo and Burma...snowball in Hell...it actually confuses and amazes. Kudos :thumbsup:.

--- End quote ---
Tremendously awesome words of support, thank you!!!

The weird paint.. WAS going to be part of the story I didn't get to.     Like... it was winter in Germany, and they had to store the planes outside for a bit, so the Germans painted them all white. BAM... Now, the Japanese get them delivered directly to SE Asia. Also have to store them outside... bummer, the things are white, stick out like crazy!! So, they had some green paint, but, not enough to cover the entire airframe, so, they went as far as they could with the squiggles. Well, even after this the Japanese still didn't want to be anywhere near all that white that remained, so they put the planes (or themselves) far away from each other to avoid being caught up in an attack together. Being as how no one was anywhere near them, the 14th Army merely strolled up and snagged 'em. Japanese hadn't even gotten around to painting the Hinamurus on yet...   Anyway, RAF now has 'em and merely had to paint on their roundels and numbers and junk and Voila.

A fish out of water!!   

Personally speaking, I absolutely love how it turned out...  I always like my own stuff, of course, but, man, I think I really nailed this as far as what *I* like personally.
 :lol:
   

DogfighterZen:

--- Quote from: TheChronicOne on June 06, 2017, 03:44:06 pm ---Personally speaking, I absolutely love how it turned out...  I always like my own stuff, of course, but, man, I think I really nailed this as far as what *I* like personally.
 :lol:
   

--- End quote ---

That's a great backstory for an excellent result!:thumbsup:
It's good that you're achieving results that satisfy you, perfect motivation to keep building more and more! :cheers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version