GROUP BUILDS > The RAF Centenary Group Build

And the results are in

(1/4) > >>

NARSES2:
Right ladies and gentlemen, the results are in and it was very, very close with the lead changing hands a couple of times.

So in the bronze medal position we have ------ Kit's PR19 Canberra  :bow:

In the silver medal position we have ----- Jalles's F.42 Tempest  :bow: :bow:

And in the gold medal position we have -------- It's that man again, Kit's Rotocrane   :bow: :bow: :bow:

However this was just the very tip of an outstanding iceberg. There were some incredible models in this G.B.  and all I can do is congratulate everbody who took part.

I hope you all enjoyed it and for those whom time constraints finally won the never ending battle I hope you get the chance to finish your models in the future.

So thank you one and all  :thumbsup:

Chris

zenrat:
Well done everyone but particularly well done to the top 3.

:thumbsup:

Weaver:
Splendid range and variety of contributions folks. Very well done to everyone and congratulations to the winners. :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit:
WHAAAATTTTT?  :o

You cannot be serious! ( John McEnroe 1981)

I'm amazed, chuffed and embarrassed all at once. I really didn't think I had a chance against some of the masterpieces in this GB, especially Jalles's Tempest! That was pure scratchbuilding, whereas my stuff were kit bashes at best, or just a repaint in the case of the Canberra.

But thanks so much for all of your votes, I'm very grateful. The real things will be at Telford of course, so you can see what sort of unexceptional builds they really are.  ;D

jalles:
Considering the quantity and quality of the entrants I'm stoked with second place!  :thumbsup:

Thanks to the mods for putting this on and thanks to everyone who voted and participated! There were so many great builds.

Congrats to Kit, awesome job!

--- Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 27, 2018, 05:11:56 am ---That was pure scratchbuilding, whereas my stuff were kit bashes at best, or just a repaint in the case of the Canberra.

--- End quote ---

Hey, don't sell yourself short. I've kitbashed and scratchbuilt and sometimes trying to get disparate parts to blend together is far more frustrating and difficult than just starting from scratch. Anyway, I loved the Rotocrane, a well deserved win!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version