GROUP BUILDS > The RAF Centenary Group Build

Gloster Meteor F.8(R)

<< < (6/6)

PR19_Kit:
T7s were all over the place in the day, every Meteor Squadron had a couple of them, and many were just around as Station hacks.

When I was at Benson the Ferry Training Flight had half a dozen T7s, and two T7.5s as well, plus the Station had four T7s just hanging around.  :o

The Wooksta!:

--- Quote from: kitbasher on May 03, 2020, 09:43:18 am ---
--- Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 03, 2020, 07:42:11 am ---A two seater in a training/development role isn't too much of a stretch either.  Possibly NF14s but with bang seats too?

--- End quote ---

I'm sure the Meteor T7 must have been a cheap as chips to build and operate as I've wondered why an NF14-based trainer as described by Lee never happened?

Now I've 2 Matchbox NFs in the stash (one as an 11, the other a 14), so if one were to be replaced by a Special Hobby NF.14, and assuming I can find a non-radar nose and get the right seats......

--- End quote ---

I did an NF14 based trainer years back in an overall black scheme and FAA markings, but I doubt there's any photos on here.  IIRC, it was a straight Matchbox kit with an Airfix F3 nose and Aeroclub bang seats (apparently the NF14 was going to get them hence the revised canopy and the Treasury said the RAF couldn't have the cash.  There's a very subtle one - have I enough Matchbox bits? Edit - yes. Unfortunately.).

I meant a "straight" NF14, with the wingtip missiles and bang seats, possibly as a De Havilland development aircraft instead of the Venom that they did use.

Dave, use the Matchbox ones for whiffing and just get the new Special Hobby one for  the real thing.  That's what I'd do.  IIRC I might have the mould somewhere for a standard nose but I may have a gash fuselage kicking about too.  Yours if and when you want it. 

Edit: found a cast resin fighter nose that's of no use to me.  You may need to add a few shims of plastic card on the back but it's perfectly useable.  I did find a gash Airfix Meteor nose, but only one half...

kitbasher:

--- Quote from: NARSES2 on May 03, 2020, 06:16:02 am ---If you'd like it moved to normal build thread let me know mate

--- End quote ---

Very kind Chris but it can stay here.

--- Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 03, 2020, 11:03:11 am ---
I meant a "straight" NF14, with the wingtip missiles and bang seats, possibly as a De Havilland development aircraft instead of the Venom that they did use.

Dave, use the Matchbox ones for whiffing and just get the new Special Hobby one for the real thing.  That's what I'd do.  IIRC I might have the mould somewhere for a standard nose but I may have a gash fuselage kicking about too.  Yours if and when you want it. 

Edit: found a cast resin fighter nose that's of no use to me.  You may need to add a few shims of plastic card on the back but it's perfectly useable.  I did find a gash Airfix Meteor nose, but only one half...

--- End quote ---

Aah, all clear now, Lee.  Missile-armed NF14 Firestreak test-bed makes sense.  I think I may have a fighter nose available (or at least an FR9/PR10 nose that could be adapted.  Let me look.

sandiego89:
Great result!  glad you drug her out.  Three months, two/three years, what's the difference? - deadlines are flexible.....you don't work for government do you?  ;D

Nice job

Glenn Gilbertson:
Subtle, smart & plausible - I like it! :thumbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version