GROUP BUILDS > The Racing and Competition G.B.

Pond Racer II Ė Electric Boogaloo 1/72 - Finished Pics Pg 5

<< < (3/19) > >>

kerick:
In my limited experience making vacuforming parts I found one problem to be getting the plastic hot enough and then keeping it hot during the molding step. If it cools off much at all it doesnít stretch around the molds properly. Are the molds cold when you lower the plastic onto them? Warming them with heat lamps might help. Or I might be all wet, itís been a while.

jalles:

--- Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 04, 2018, 02:28:12 pm ---Why not just glue the 3D parts together and call it the model?

--- End quote ---

I've been thinking about doing that, although I'm worried that the surface won't be consistent enough to scribe panel lines and what not. I'll also want to incorporate a clear canopy, which can't be printed. Because of the toughness of the 3D printed parts, I'm worried PSR isn't going to work very well and getting a canopy integrated gives me the shivers. Although I could be wrong on all count  :-\

--- Quote from: kerick on November 04, 2018, 03:28:42 pm ---In my limited experience making vacuforming parts I found one problem to be getting the plastic hot enough and then keeping it hot during the molding step. If it cools off much at all it doesnít stretch around the molds properly. Are the molds cold when you lower the plastic onto them? Warming them with heat lamps might help. Or I might be all wet, itís been a while.

--- End quote ---

Hmm...interesting. Ultimately I got it to work by building air channels under the part that allows the sides to get sucked in, but your idea sounds intriguing. If i encounter issues again I might give it a go.

kerick:
Glad you got it to work! Looking forward to watching the progress on this one.

KiwiZac:
I'm so excited to see someone doing an upgraded version of this very cool machine. Bravo!

--- Quote from: kitnut617 on November 01, 2018, 04:38:25 pm ---There's a 1/72 scale Pond Racer to be had, made by Cobra Company which now comes under Lone Star Models

--- End quote ---
The Cobra kit's been scarce for a while, thankfully Civilized Models is doing the Pond Racer in several scales (although it's still a little way from release and will be pricey): https://www.civilizedmodels.com/product-page/1-72-pond-racer

PR19_Kit:

--- Quote ---This is a Pre order sale for the very unique Pond Racer.
--- End quote ---

(That's a quote from the advert.)

Note to the author : It's either unique or it isn't, there are no degrees of uniqueness!  :banghead: :banghead:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version