Author Topic: Pellsons Perceivings  (Read 23063 times)

Offline zenrat

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • On Double-Secret probation.
Re: Pellsons Perceivings
« Reply #525 on: January 19, 2022, 02:45:40 am »
Had a Swedish couple at work today.  My colleague who served them had trouble explaining Red Tape to them (they were doing tax stuff).  Is this not something you have in Sweden or is it a translation problem - i.e while the phrase doesn't directly translate the concept does?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Offline Pellson

« Reply #526 on: January 19, 2022, 02:54:08 am »
Had a Swedish couple at work today.  My colleague who served them had trouble explaining Red Tape to them (they were doing tax stuff).  Is this not something you have in Sweden or is it a translation problem - i.e while the phrase doesn't directly translate the concept does?

As weíre the highest taxed people in the world, Iím pretty sure itís a matter of not understanding the idiom.

Re shooting - well, out here in the sticks, hunting is a very common habit and thereís basically hunting rifles in every home. And, which is rather useful to know if youíre considering a career as a burglar, every second home has an excavator..  :wacko:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Offline zenrat

• On Double-Secret probation.
« Reply #527 on: January 19, 2022, 03:00:09 am »

As weíre the highest taxed people in the world, Iím pretty sure itís a matter of not understanding the idiom.

That's what I thought.  I have had a similar issue trying to explain the english phrase "Good Egg" to a Frenchman.

Re shooting - well, out here in the sticks, hunting is a very common habit and thereís basically hunting rifles in every home. And, which is rather useful to know if youíre considering a career as a burglar, every second home has an excavator..  :wacko:

I have a mulcher.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Offline Pellson

« Reply #528 on: January 19, 2022, 11:39:17 pm »
Another upside is that Iím getting so violent Cold War vibes that I, without really putting any effort into it, has drawn up a sequence for a backstory of a band of European F-104 MLUís, bringing them all the way into the 21st century without losing the F-16ís. Heck - I might even get Ďround to decal up the Dutch one thatís sitting on the Shelf of DoomTM

Bringing out that Starfighter, I realise that i dont have the decals to go with in, nor ones for the also ready-to-decal NF-5A sitting next to it. Mulling on that for a bit, I also realise I'm short of any viable Luftwaffe decals for my planned Luftwaffe Norm 81 bonanza.  :banghead:
Having come this far (it's now well beyond bedtime) my sleepdeprived brain suddenly realises that standard Norm 72 decals in 1/144 will do more than fine, and that the same trick will work very well for the Dutch F-104. If I had any in that scale, that is..
I will put up a L/F ad shortly..  :wacko:

As I'm finally recovering to bed, a proper blizzard is raging, blinding out the vicinity, turning the world into a white and whining blur. Quite annoying - we were almost rid of the final ice on the roads and walkpaths. Now it's covered up in a thick layer of frozen slush, turning the morning walk with the beardrat into something of an adventure. Ah, well - this is why there's a Land Rover in the yard..
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 01:02:17 am by Pellson »
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!