GROUP BUILDS > The 2017 One Week Build

Gnats in Portugal

<< < (10/11) > >>

strobez:
I have no problem at all adding this to the completed builds.  It's a beauty.  Also, I agree that in the future I'm not going to rush my results either.  While there was a lot of adrenaline pumping as I tried to add a few touch ups at the 11th hour and very nearly spoiled the whole thing with a rushed masking job.  I also rushed the paint job.  I had a very nice pre-shaded panel lines bit going, but because of the rush job, I kept having to "touch it up" to cover up a scrape mark or whatnot.  Masking a 4 hour old paint job to do the wheel wells nearly gave me a heart-attack.

It was a bit frustrating to say the least, and when my wife asked what was wrong I said "It's a 1-week competition" and her response was "to see who can swear the most in one week?"

I'm not sure I can correct her on that one...  :rolleyes:

NARSES2:
Really has come out well  :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen:

--- Quote from: strobez on June 05, 2017, 08:18:26 am ---I have no problem at all adding this to the completed builds.  It's a beauty.  Also, I agree that in the future I'm not going to rush my results either.  While there was a lot of adrenaline pumping as I tried to add a few touch ups at the 11th hour and very nearly spoiled the whole thing with a rushed masking job.  I also rushed the paint job.  I had a very nice pre-shaded panel lines bit going, but because of the rush job, I kept having to "touch it up" to cover up a scrape mark or whatnot.  Masking a 4 hour old paint job to do the wheel wells nearly gave me a heart-attack.

It was a bit frustrating to say the least, and when my wife asked what was wrong I said "It's a 1-week competition" and her response was "to see who can swear the most in one week?"

I'm not sure I can correct her on that one...  :rolleyes:

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: NARSES2 on June 05, 2017, 08:23:32 am ---Really has come out well  :thumbsup:

--- End quote ---

Thank you, Narses2 and Strobez! :thumbsup: I've had that happen too many times now, scrapping and scratching a recent paint job... :banghead: that's why i try to paint wheel wells before and cover them for the scheme. And i'v also lost a panel line pre-shading job that was coming out ok, kept touching up til the shades were gone... :rolleyes:
And i believe your wife got pretty close... ;D

:cheers:

zenrat:
No swearing from me so next year I need to try something more involved.

DogfighterZen:

--- Quote from: zenrat on June 06, 2017, 04:20:39 am ---No swearing from me so next year I need to try something more involved.

--- End quote ---

;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version