GROUP BUILDS > The 2017 One Week Build

Hovercraft M.A.R.C. Z-360 - FINISHED

<< < (7/8) > >>

CANSO:

--- Quote from: jalles on June 04, 2017, 04:12:58 pm ---Wow, that's awesome!  :thumbsup:  It's amazing how such random looking parts can be combined into such a cohesive piece.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: AXU on June 04, 2017, 05:01:46 pm ---Congrats  :thumbsup: this is my kind of modeling and I love what you did,great job !!!  :wub:

--- End quote ---
Thank you, guys! I'm happy that I could finish in time and stay in tempo with the others.
Jalles, the parts do not look random to me, when deciding what to use and what not. It's usually a longer than a week process, but this time I had to hurry. This build consists of over 100 parts (not counting the shims, filler pieces and parts that disappeared in the bigger elements. Each boom has ca. 30 parts and the body has 45 or so. Some of the greebles are made of multiple parts I didn't count separately: the jet engine has 4 parts for example and the bumps on the exterior side of the booms are in fact cowlings from B-29 in 1:144. The latter have the complete engines inside with axle, back plate etc - the engines can be seen on one of the photos from the building process. The twin guns on the other side look very complex, but are a single part etc.
With other words many parts come in question, but those chosen for the build must have some matching characteristics.
And 2 fun facts ;):
1. Looking at the model my wife told me that it has a robot's face :rolleyes: - I never intended to do it. It was just a combination of grills and panels for me:

2. The whole model is absolutely symmetrical - all parts are mirrored left and right. The only part being asymmetrical is the small camera pod on the top of the fuselage (has 2 different lenses). To develop further the idea of asymmetry, paying tribute to Tophe in the same time ;) I added the big infrared camera to the left side only:

Cheers!

kerick:
Excellent work!! :mellow:

McColm:
Wow! :thumbsup:

Old Wombat:
Awesome job! Has a Pkf 85 Falke (from Ma.K) about it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

zenrat:
Brilliant.
 :thumbsup:
I can't believe you did all that in so little time.  Are you related to Dizzyfugu?  :unsure: ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version