GROUP BUILDS > The 2017 One Week Build

Hovercraft M.A.R.C. Z-360 - FINISHED

<< < (3/8) > >>

loupgarou:
As others here, I have no idea of what you'll be building!  ;D Curious to see the developments.
And thanks for the tip about the sink faucet.  :thumbsup:

CANSO:

--- Quote from: loupgarou on May 28, 2017, 11:56:57 am ---As others here, I have no idea of what you'll be building!  ;D Curious to see the developments.
And thanks for the tip about the sink faucet.  :thumbsup:

--- End quote ---
To better visualize my idea, below is a mock-up of the hovercraft. Black primed is the engine, in the middle is the primed hull/fuselage/body and the booms are still in sanding/priming/sanding stage:

I still have no clue  :rolleyes: how I'll attach the booms to the body, but until tomorrow night (time management says it) I must find a solution :banghead:.
The model was meant to be in 1:48 so with the cowlings and cones for the booms (not shown above) the whole hovercraft is ca. 13 m long and 5 m wide.
T.B.C.

CANSO:
Around 1:00 A.M. this morning I was going through my greebles-collection and started selecting some for the build. I will be showing some of the small parts during the process of completion and here are the first 2:

Caps from earphones. I like perforated elements and always try to include them wherever possible.
Below is the bottom of the hull/fuselage with the "zero-gravity inductors":

T.B.C.

CANSO:
As I mentioned before my plan was to find a way to attach the booms to the fuselage of the hovercraft. Yesterday evening and in the early morning hours I've been refining the idea and I must say I came to a very satisfactory decision. I found the parts I need (1$ store "treasures")and started with the manufacturing process. Below is the finished fuselage connection point.

I created an "axle" (not movable) and the plan is to attach 2 bulbous "shoulders" to the ends of the "axle" to carry the booms. They don't move - the "shoulders" are static and cover very sensitive "zero-gravity accelerators" (what else? ;D).
The axle is just a piece of sprue, but the harder part was to stabilize it in such manner that it doesn't move later at all. The supporting structure of styrene strips was glued with excessive amounts of modeling glue (Testors) to help them melt and build almost a solid plastic block after drying.

The small round metal part is to help the model to be mounted on a "pole" after finishing.

It has internal thread to better secure the model. It's made from a bicycle spoke nipple and the "pole" will be a bicycle spoke.

Captain Canada:
Bicycle spoke.....what a great idea !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version