Agusta Westland SkyHook UAV and a A Flying Parcel Machine 

Started by Robomog, March 13, 2023, 08:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robomog

Hi all

Behold a bigger something i knocked up for a BTS group build

Here's the concept,  you've probably seen the Amazon locker, Inpost and those sort of things lurking outside supermarkets  and in shopping malls, but what about people in remote places and far flung islands that have to rely on slow boats or stretched lines of delivery?

Here's where the recently developed Agusta Westland SkyHook UAV and a A Flying Parcel Machine fills a gap,

Flying direct from the depot or a staging point it speeds up parcel delivery no end, weather permitting  , I will admit the concept has some possible flaws but let's run with it  :rolleyes:

Here's the pics.....

First the complete caboodle

And some shots of the payload............

And without the payload......

All the fans pivot individually

And finally some scale shots.....

And that's it !

Had a real blast with this one, I love it when a non plan comes together.

As always all comments and criticisms gratefully accepted

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly harmless ...............

Wardukw

Bloody marvelous build Mog..I agree ..nothing better than a non plan coming together from nothing at all  :thumbsup:  ;D
Given time mate what you've built there will be the real deal ..drones are getting better and bigger pretty much every day ..so two weeks from now your idea is gonna be real ...if my math is right  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

It's got a certain look about it and it's a good one  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

That's very inventive, and superbly built too.  :thumbsup:

Are the landing gear legs plastic? They look remarkably fragile.............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Robomog

Thanks guys

Kit:  They are plastic ( I think they came off a Harrier) but they are a Tee section so quite strong in themselves. The original design undercarriage was quite flimsy but with the addition of shock absorbers  it seemed to brace it up quite nicely.

Mog
>^-.-^<

Mostly harmless ...............

Dizzyfugu

Vulcan7

Wow I'd want to live in a remote location just to have the SkyHook deliver my mail  :mellow:  :thumbsup: amazing scratch build!
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Gondor

Maybe should have called it Pan Post seeing how you have a Hook reference and then given the craft the name Tinkerbelle?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

KiwiZac

Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates