TF-1651 Falcstang. For Tophe.

Started by zenrat, March 12, 2023, 04:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Christophe Meunier TF-1651 Falcstang.  Tophe Air Peace.

Anywhere in the world, whenever war breaks out, the pilots of Tophe Air Peace* are there to bring calm to the situation.
Flying their TF-1651 Falcstangs they put on flying displays of such awesomeness that all combatants gawp in impotence laying down their weapons and embracing their enemies secure in a new found feeling of peace and love brought about by the knowledge that the violence they were attempting to use has dwindled into minisculeness in comparison to the skills they are seeing.  Skills that can only be harnessed in pursuit of peace and not for war.
Wherever Tophe Air Peace fly the skies clear, flowers bloom, and rainbows appear.  Peace spontaneously breaks out and men solve their differences in ways which do not involve killing and maiming.

TF-1651 Falcstang 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The TF-1651 Falcstang was created by the Christophe Meunier company.  It combines all the best aspects of the P51 Mustang with those of the F16 Falcon.  It carries no weapons.  Its main asset being speed and manoeuvrability, and awesomeness.  And a comfy chair for the pilot.

TF-1651 Falcstang 05 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The Falcstang is powered by a reductive-magic-cycle jet turbine engine.  This sucks in atmospheric carbon dioxide which is reduced by a secret process and expelled as a powerfull jet of oxygen and tiny diamonds.  Aircraft powered by these engines have a negative carbon footprint and therefore the more they fly the better things are.  This is true on a whole number of levels.

TF-1651 Falcstang 04 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

There is a video here.  Soundtrack is ABC radio commentary of the fourth test - Australia vs India.  Not much was happening.

* Because Peace is mightier than Force.

TF-1651 Falcstang 10 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The Model.

Hasegawa YF-16 with wings from an unknown P-51 and tail parts from a Micro Ace Ki-46.
Built initially as a test subject to see how filthy a model hanging in my shed will become, I got a bit carried away.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Yeah, carried away to EXCELLENCE Fred!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

It's brilliant, and you just KNOW that Tophe will love it.  ;D  ;)  :drink:  :cheers:  :party:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

perttime

.... and it looks as if it has longer wings too!

Fin proportions make me think of F-5.

ericr

Tophe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 12, 2023, 05:40:39 AMyou just KNOW that Tophe will love it.  ;D  ;)  :drink:  :cheers:  :party:
yes I DO love your model (and story), thanks! :wub:  :thumbsup:  :bow:  ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Vulcan7

:tornado:  Great concept and build  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Wardukw

Fred strikes again  ;D  ;D .
Funny backstory and that engine is so sweet ...lovely stuff mate and a wicked good  build  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Thanks folks.
It's now hanging from the roof of the shed fulfilling its purpose as an experimental test aircraft.   :mellow:
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Thanks Chris.

Quote from: Tophe on March 12, 2023, 08:28:29 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 12, 2023, 05:40:39 AMyou just KNOW that Tophe will love it.  ;D  ;)  :drink:  :cheers:  :party:
yes I DO love your model (and story), thanks! :wub:  :thumbsup:  :bow:  ;D

You're welcome Tophe.  I can't always build non-violent whiffs but every now and then everything going on in the world gets too much and something like this pops out of my head.
Fred

Robomog

This is beautifully bonkers, I love it !   :thumbsup:  :wub:  :wub:

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly harmless ...............

zenrat

Fred

DogfighterZen

A very worthy tribute to Tophe's vision. Great work, Fred!  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Tophe

Quote from: DogfighterZen on March 14, 2023, 09:09:53 AMA very worthy tribute to Tophe's vision. Great work, Fred!  :thumbsup:
Thanks Zen! ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]