1/48 P-55 Ascender

Started by wacek85, March 10, 2023, 12:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wacek85

Hello!

Out of the bench :) Modelsvit's 1/48 P-55 Ascender as a Witold Lanowski's fighter :)
In box model looked  awesome...Putting it together was another thing :) I cannot fully reccommend it - lots and lots of sanding and fitting, terribly hard PE parts (needed to be heaten), fragile styrene etc...
But finished at last and I'm quite happy to have another monstrosity on shelf :)

Wardukw

The lengths we go to get build the strange and wonderful huh ?  ;D
Great work mate..a pretty damn cool plane and not one you can just go out and buy...one to be proud off  ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

SPINNERS

Fabulous! Great pics of a real looker. Love it!

Old Wombat

Well, if that's a monstrosity, you've done an excellent job of pulling it all together to make a masterpiece! :bow:  :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Nice, the adapted paint scheme suits the P-55 well. Very cool work.  :thumbsup:

killnoizer

P H A N T A S T I C  D E S I G N . 
Great technic style , and the Color's fit's absolute perfect , I like to see the underside too.
The Spinner looks very nice , big is beautiful here .

And the letters are very good to read from the moon  :thumbsup:

In Germany it means HVZ = Halte Verbot Zone  , like NO PARKING AREA , I use them in my job for movers
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

zenrat

Wrong scale but I can forgive you that.  Looks great.

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

That's a tremendous looker  :bow:  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

wacek85

Many thanks guys😄

Quote from: killnoizer on March 11, 2023, 01:34:21 AMP H A N T A S T I C  D E S I G N . 
Great technic style , and the Color's fit's absolute perfect , I like to see the underside too.

Thanks a lot😄 Its glued to the base but I'll try.

Quote from: zenrat on March 11, 2023, 03:27:26 AMWrong scale but I can forgive you that.  Looks great.

:thumbsup:

True, should be 1/32 ;) Thank you ;D

Vulcan7

Wow, fantastic looking build,  looks almost  1:1 scale to me  ;D  :tornado:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

kerick

Quote from: killnoizer on March 11, 2023, 01:34:21 AMIn Germany it means HVZ = Halte Verbot Zone  , like NO PARKING AREA , I use them in my job for movers

HVZ, I have to remember that! I had to look up P-55 to see how real that aircraft was. They actually flew three prototypes. It's contemporaries were just as strange. They all looked like whiffs Tophe might build.
Your build looks great especially considering what you started with!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

That's amazing, and I love the monster Polish 'Squaral' aft of the cockpit.  :thumbsup:

Reminds me I have a 1/72 on in The Loft.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit