Triple Defence Vulcan

Started by Vulcan7, February 27, 2023, 09:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vulcan7

Been saving up (for ten years :o ) to do my Triple Defence Vulcan......it will probably be done white flash (although I need to find some paint that will not go yellow :banghead: ) with 3 Blue Steel Missiles, hopefully it will be a bit quicker to finish?? :rolleyes:  The old Airfix kit lends itself very well to the task, apart from the small wheel well overlap...and of course the old kit is much cheaper! Thought about naming each missile, (Cold War Era) Moscow, Stalingrad & Leningrad, but that might be a bit too provocative.

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment. 
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

The Rat

Tophe is going to love this!  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Pellson

Stark raving crazy! And absolutely wonderful!!  :wub:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

McColm

Is the middle Vulcan used for the crew and the bomb aimers positions kept?

Vulcan7

Quote from: McColmquote author=McColm link=msg=989151 date=1677521348]
link=msg=989151 date=1677521348]
[/quote]

Sounds like a good idea, not really thought that side of things through yet, I welcome any suggestions  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

perttime

Having a bit of redundancy is often good. But... having three complete crews might be overdoing it. Maybe an extra engineer somewhere, to mind all the engines?

Speaking about engines: there's 12 of them. They are going to need space for fuel. Perhaps a bomb bay or two can hold fuel instead. But all the fuel and bombs need to be lifted off the ground, and there's just so much wing area. Maybe in-flight-refueling soon after take-off with partial fuel?

Sorry, cannot help worryinng about the few practicalities that I'm aware of  :wacko:   ;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Rat on February 27, 2023, 09:37:12 AMTophe is going to love this!  :thumbsup:

THAT'S for sure!

Except it's symmetrical................  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Have you got any plans for the four spare wings?

ericr

:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

:thumbsup: 

I woulnd't have dared thinking of it  ;)

seadude

:o  :o  :o
I've got a 4th Vulcan kit I'm trying to get rid of too if you want that one.  ;D
But then again, if you're over the pond so to speak, I'd have to cancel giving it to you or anybody else as I'm not fond of what the enormous shipping charges would be.
Not sure what I'll do with the Vulcan I've got as its missing the decals and one of the nose wheels.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

McColm

Quote from: seadude on February 27, 2023, 01:00:48 PM:o  :o  :o
I've got a 4th Vulcan kit I'm trying to get rid of too if you want that one.  ;D
But then again, if you're over the pond so to speak, I'd have to cancel giving it to you or anybody else as I'm not fond of what the enormous shipping charges would be.
Not sure what I'll do with the Vulcan I've got as its missing the decals and one of the nose wheels.
Best offer it to anyone in the USA or Canada. Try eBay if all else fails.

Old Wombat

Quote from: Pellson on February 27, 2023, 10:00:52 AMStark raving crazy! And absolutely wonderful!!  :wub:

What Mr Pellson said! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Tamiya Fine White Primer is the best I've found but make sure your model is EXTREMELY clean, or put it over a coat of their Fine Light Grey Primer. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

This is absolutely ridiculous..stupid and a waste of 3 nowadays expensive Vulcan kit sets...in other words...I freaking love it ..brilliant idea  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: how's about drop tanks for the extra fuel and they can be dumped when this monster gets close to its target .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

McColm

Or your build could have a parasite fighter carried above the middle section for air defence.