Blohm & Voss P203

Started by Kris, February 24, 2023, 09:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

Hi everyone

Working on another model, this time the Blohm & Voss P203. Again, as for the EMW A-6, this is modeled from scratch (original documents) and printed subsequently.
The P.203 never made it of the drawing board. And despite the fact that it most likely would have been pretty impractical (featuring both jets and BMW801s) it just looks great.
I am also adding some images of the prints I have done thus far.
The images were rendered in Blender, after checking out a video on how to do motion blur for the props  :lol: .

Cheers
Kris

The Wooksta!

How much would a 72nd one cost? Asking as I only have the Unicraft abortion and really want something better.  Likely to ask for a  second for a mate.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Kris

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 24, 2023, 10:01:19 AMHow much would a 72nd one cost? Asking as I only have the Unicraft abortion and really want something better.  Likely to ask for a  second for a mate.

Well, I had my focus set entirely on 1:48. I've done some 1:87 scale before when realizing that life is so much simpler with bigger models. Especially when trying to figure out how to print them in FDM.
But, with that beeing said, 1:72 can certainly be done. I'll give it a try once the prototype is done.

PR19_Kit

That looks remarkably conventional for a Blohm & Voss aircraft!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Kris

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 24, 2023, 11:22:25 AMThat looks remarkably conventional for a Blohm & Voss aircraft!  :o

☺️ Indeed, it appears to be symmetrical.
The engine combo is a bit unconventional. And the entire design was meant to reduce manufacturing cost, hence the rectangular wing sections.

Wardukw

I know what we call WW2 German armour which never got off the drawing board..paper panzers..but what the hell do ya call the aircraft  :unsure:
Kris mate another very nice bit of work for a damn nice looking plane...oh I'm a huge lover of multi engined aircraft and this fits the bill nicely..it's got 4 !  ;D
I wonder what jet engine they intended to use..if they used the ones from a ME262 it would be a waste of time since after 10hrs of use it would eat itself.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on February 24, 2023, 11:52:04 AMI know what we call WW2 German armour which never got off the drawing board..paper panzers..but what the hell do ya call the aircraft  :unsure:

Generally, the whole paper Luftwaffe is bundled under the Luft '46 banner but is, sometimes, referred to as the PaperWaffe.

By the way, Paper Panzers are often put under the Heer '46 banner, too. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 24, 2023, 04:36:09 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on February 24, 2023, 11:52:04 AMI know what we call WW2 German armour which never got off the drawing board..paper panzers..but what the hell do ya call the aircraft  :unsure:

Generally, the whole paper Luftwaffe is bundled under the Luft '46 banner but is, sometimes, referred to as the PaperWaffe.

By the way, Paper Panzers are often put under the Heer '46 banner, too. ;)
Ahhh I have heard it called Luft46 before and obviously I'd totally forgotten that  ;D
But the Herr 46 is a new one on me Guy...ive always known it as paper panzers ..those two words basically got me building wiffies since armour is all I built for decades and like alot of us guys I got bored silly building OTB builds.
If I was to build all the WW2 German PP wiffs I'd need a ton of Panthers..Panzer IVs ..Panzer 38Ts and a huge amount of guns ..150mm and 128mm mostly..it would be nuts mate  :o
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Tophe

Quote from: Kris on February 24, 2023, 11:35:05 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 24, 2023, 11:22:25 AMThat looks remarkably conventional for a Blohm & Voss aircraft!  :o
☺️ Indeed, it appears to be symmetrical.
I plan to add an asymmetric zwilling derivative, to be even more whif... ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

The Wooksta!

Would definitely take a pair of 72nd ones. Or for me and another for Willie.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 25, 2023, 06:01:46 AMWould definitely take a pair of 72nd ones. Or for me and another for Willie.

I'd be very interested in a 1/72 scale one as like Lee it would mean I could forget the Unicraft one in the stash  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Looks like Kris could have a fair few buyers here.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Kris

Have begun to assembly the port side wing.
Just to make sure everything fits. Also told myself to not do any sanding and filling. But couldn't help myself on the nacelle 😄

Kris

First vacuum molded canopy.