A B-58 but not a B-58 ..Finsh pics up

Started by Wardukw, February 18, 2023, 12:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

What if the real B-58 Hustler didn't make its first flight in 1957 with the plane that we know..a very large ..very fast four engined super sonic bomber but with a another delta winged monster with only two engines .
Two massive afterburning engines with intakes big enough to have a picnic in .

The idea I have is to turn a 48th F-111 into a 72nd scale B-58 using parts or I should say remains of a 72nd B-58 that I have in the stash ..it's already given up it's wings and tail to another build ..The Python.

Neither kit is started in anyway and this will be hacked up nine ways from Sunday to turn it into what I have in mind.
The main reason for this is ..well kinda strange..I really want to use the B-58s landing gear on a build .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

crudebuteffective

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on February 18, 2023, 12:33:34 AMWhat if the real B-58 Hustler didn't make its first flight in 1957 with the plane that we know..a very large ..very fast four engined super sonic bomber but with a another delta winged monster with only two engines .
Two massive afterburning engines with intakes big enough to have a picnic in .

The idea I have is to turn a 48th F-111 into a 72nd scale B-58 using parts or I should say remains of a 72nd B-58 that I have in the stash ..it's already given up it's wings and tail to another build ..The Python.

Neither kit is started in anyway and this will be hacked up nine ways from Sunday to turn it into what I have in mind.
The main reason for this is ..well kinda strange..I really want to use the B-58s landing gear on a build .

looking forward to this
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

Old Wombat

And another Wardukw Wonder Weapon!? :o

Cool! ;D  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

buzzbomb

Ok, this will be a  mix n match to see. :thumbsup:

Gondor

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on February 18, 2023, 12:33:34 AMThe main reason for this is ..well kinda strange..I really want to use the B-58s landing gear on a build .

That's as good a reason as any other  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Sounds similar to the TU-22M.  But earlier.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

There's some really interesting concepts in the US Supersonic Bombers bookazine I got from Smiths. When I get home I'll have a look and seee if they beat you to it  ;)

Looking forward to this mate  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Thanks guys  ;D ..im looking forward to this and I'll be interested to see what that book comes up with Chris   <_<
This started the moment Flyer offered me the 111 and of course the answer was yes from the get go..and I get to use the B-58s landing gear..sweet ;D

Fred mate I think your on it to be honest..I hadn't thought of the TU 22 birds but yes definitely earlier for sure and much faster  :wacko:
Quote from: Gondor on February 18, 2023, 03:36:04 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on February 18, 2023, 12:33:34 AMThe main reason for this is ..well kinda strange..I really want to use the B-58s landing gear on a build .

That's as good a reason as any other  :thumbsup:

Gondor
Yeah I thought so too  ;D and glad the rest of you nuttas want to see it too...pretty sure I know what my next build will be  ;)
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

sandiego89

Hope they don't loose an engine, you may need a lot of rudder! 

Bring it on!!
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Wardukw

I could go completely nuts Dave and give it 6 engines..I think I still have the 4 from the original B-58 model  :wacko:
Think it would be kinda stupid tho as the F-111s engines are massive in 72nd scale ..haven't done any math but I will and I'll also find out the power difference between those two motors  ;)

jcf

MX-1626 one of the early concepts that eventually led to the B-58, two J53 engines. ;)You cannot view this attachment. 
You cannot view this attachment. 

kerick

Looks great!
Can't wait to see this develop!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: jcf on February 20, 2023, 05:28:51 PMMX-1626 one of the early concepts that eventually led to the B-58, two J53 engines. ;)You cannot view this attachment.
You cannot view this attachment.

Jon that's amazing mate and I'm am very surprised dew to a couple of things..one it looks brilliant and two it looks a crap load like a model I built called the Python and here's the kicker..I used 72nd B-58 wings to build from ...bloody weird how these things comes around . ;D

As for weapons load out for this build it will be bombs and very possibly AA missiles like AIM- 4D or G Falcons ..maybe AIM-9B Sidewinders ..but that depends on their age.
Bombs are going to be late 50s free fall dumb bombs..1000lb and 2500lbs bombs .
The 2500lb bombs will be 48th 1000lb bombs..the size works out pretty good and since it's a wiffy they work out perfectly 🥴😏

McColm

Are you going to keep the side by side seats?

Wardukw

Quote from: McColm on February 21, 2023, 10:25:23 AMAre you going to keep the side by side seats?
Nope Mac...the cockpit is going to be B-58 and I'm gonna use the cockpit from the 111 on another idea  :wacko: