A very British F-4E

Started by tc2324, February 02, 2023, 01:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tc2324

So what to do when you have an old redundant 1/32 scale F-4F model kit?

Lets imagine back in the day the British government opted for the export version of the F-4E for the RAF rather than going with the Spey engine version?

On arrival at RAF Coningsby back in 1968, they may of looked like this?

IMG_3030

IMG_3034

IMG_3039
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

mexchiwa

I guess Ks and Ms just carried Sparrows and Sidewinders, but that'd be cool to see with British AA missiles

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Pretty in the clean configuration.  :thumbsup:
Makes me wonder about a Spey-powered Phantom with the F-4E's gun nose?

Gondor

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 02, 2023, 02:50:20 AMPretty in the clean configuration.  :thumbsup:

Like THIS on Page 4 #49 which I did way back in 2015  :o

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: mexchiwa on February 02, 2023, 01:30:04 AMI guess Ks and Ms just carried Sparrows and Sidewinders, but that'd be cool to see with British AA missiles

IIRC they carried Skyflashes on the recessed fuselage missile bays, but they look almost the same as Sparrows anyway.

That F-4E nose gun makes a much less draggy option than the SUU-23A pod that the F-4Ms actually carried.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Gondor on February 02, 2023, 03:18:38 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 02, 2023, 02:50:20 AMPretty in the clean configuration.  :thumbsup:

Like THIS on Page 4 #49 which I did way back in 2015  :o

Gondor

Yeah!  :thumbsup:

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Devilfish

Love it! Great idea.  I agree, it would look good with British missiles, but I was thinking Red Tops....

AeroplaneDriver

Oh that looks nice.  Subtle, but right.   :wub:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Gondor

Quote from: mexchiwa on February 02, 2023, 01:30:04 AMI guess Ks and Ms just carried Sparrows and Sidewinders, but that'd be cool to see with British AA missiles

I'm sure that at some time Freightdog did the Red Top with launching adaptor for the modern Airfix Phantom

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Martin H

Luv it! Whats not to like about a British Toom.............

Ok its a C, not an E. but it gives you an idea of what you were thinking....
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.