Real Life Luftwaffe Spitfires

Started by Weaver, January 22, 2023, 08:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

So here's one you could do that looks like a whiff but could then confound the JMNs by actually being real:

Apparently these are 17 squadron Spitfires (of at least two different marks) painted up to play the bad guys for a Farnborough display in 1950:

Original Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/clark_aviation/status/1617123284033699843?s=20&t=TY2B7s5c5ItH3FrTjQ5INw
Reply with 2nd image: https://twitter.com/simon_cruddace/status/1617125460470546434?s=20&t=TY2B7s5c5ItH3FrTjQ5INw

Original full images:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

Rheged

As an exercise in JMN-boggling, this has considerable potential!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Hmm, I should remember that display as I was there, but I don't.  :banghead:

That would have been something to see.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: Rheged on January 22, 2023, 08:35:35 AMAs an exercise in JMN-boggling, this has considerable potential!

Especially with other Allied equipment that the Germans grabbed, and reused.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

perttime

Weaver

Quote from: perttime on January 22, 2023, 11:59:35 AMThey could all be Mk XVI?

Yes I think you're right: there were Mk.XVIs with razor-backs and bubble-hoods.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

The Wooksta!

Mk XVIs all had US built Packard Merlins. They had different fittings and top cowls, so they were given a specific mark number.  Most had the pointed rudder, many were bubbletop but all seem to have had e wings, four spoke wheels and tropical filters from the get go.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Year or so ago at Model Expo one of the model club displays was Adolf Galland's Spitfires.
It was based on his reply to fatty's question  "what do you need to defeat the RAF?" which was supposed to have been "a squadron of Spitfires".
The club members had all built 1/48 Spits (all the same kit) in nazi colours and they looked great.  While admiring them we were informed by the club member standing guard that they were having issues with irate JMNs who objected to the theme.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on January 23, 2023, 02:53:58 AMYear or so ago at Model Expo one of the model club displays was Adolf Galland's Spitfires.
It was based on his reply to fatty's question  "what do you need to defeat the RAF?" which was supposed to have been "a squadron of Spitfires".
The club members had all built 1/48 Spits (all the same kit) in nazi colours and they looked great.  While admiring them we were informed by the club member standing guard that they were having issues with irate JMNs who objected to the theme.

I think that this is a superb idea!  Whoever thought of the idea deserves to be awarded the accolade of "Fellow of the Imperial Society of Inverted Sideways Thinkers".  This is a qualification that most if not all of us are entitled to use.     Rheged:    FISIST, MNB**, FRGS, FRMetS   CDMU*etc.***

* Cadbury's Dairy Milk User.
** Master Numpty Boggler
***Yes, these are genuine qualifications (mostly)
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet