Caproni Vizzola F.8

Started by Gondor, January 04, 2023, 11:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

This is from an idea I had years ago which I finally got around to doing something about. Well the build was, the aircraft Manufacrurer and operator were only finalised earlier this evening.
Anyway, here is a picture of it so far. Needs more paint but this is as far as it is right now.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

loupgarou

Difficult (for me) to identify the aircraft from directly above. Cockpit, engine cover and spinner look Me-109ish  ??
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Flyer

Quote from: loupgarou on January 04, 2023, 11:53:03 PMDifficult (for me) to identify the aircraft from directly above. Cockpit, engine cover and spinner look Me-109ish  ??

Going by his blog entries and the fact it looks very Bf-109ish it'd be a Avia S-199.
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

kitbasher

Looks more FROG FIAT G50 or Revell Ki-61 (with Bf109F or G spinner) to me.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Gondor

Quote from: Flyer on January 04, 2023, 11:59:43 PM
Quote from: loupgarou on January 04, 2023, 11:53:03 PMDifficult (for me) to identify the aircraft from directly above. Cockpit, engine cover and spinner look Me-109ish  ??

Going by his blog entries and the fact it looks very Bf-109ish it'd be a Avia S-199.

I am whiffing the KP S-199, but this is not it.

Quote from: kitbasher on January 05, 2023, 12:45:07 AMLooks more FROG FIAT G50 or Revell Ki-61 (with Bf109F or G spinner) to me.

Close, but the base kit is a Hasegawa kit and your right about the spinner.

I am painting it in a simmilar manner to a late war Bf 109 K-4 but realised that I didn't need some of the upper surface paint to cover a previous owners markings so I have had to sand pack some of the paint on the fuselage sides.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Wardukw

Ya know your on to a winner Gondor mate when your build confuses the hell out of blokes ..excellent   ;D  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on January 05, 2023, 10:24:57 AMYa know your on to a winner Gondor mate when your build confuses the hell out of blokes ..excellent   ;D  :thumbsup:

Ta!

Gondor

PR19_Kit

Absolutely!  Way to go Alastair.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

A small update with another picture to see how twisted your noodles are

Of course you know roughly how this is going to end up, but from this side view which shows that the upper fuselage needs another coat of paint, I could make people think that it is Japanese, and of course there is nothing to stop the Italians sending items to their allies in the east is there?  :wacko:

Gondor

Flyer

OK I'm seeing way less Bf-109 and way more Kawasaki now... :rolleyes:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

NARSES2

It is amazing how the new spinner changes the look of the entire aircraft.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 06, 2023, 05:48:24 AMIt is amazing how the new spinner changes the look of the entire aircraft.

I had to fatten the nose a little bit too, the original is a bit smaller.

As for what the aircraft looks like, this is what it is based on.

So you can see the similarities

Gondor

Gondor

Further progress due to using Hataka acrylic paint   :thumbsup:

That's the second upper camouflage colour on, yes it will need a second coat in places but it's there. Not 100% accurate but then it's not exactly designed for this airframe. Main wheels are on, the tyres need a touch of paint where I removed then from the sprue as do parts of the undercarriage legs so its really getting there. I could give an estimate on when I will finish it but that would be the kiss of death to it in all probability.

Gondor

NARSES2

I find it interesting that you've got the spinner and props fitted at this stage. They are always (well normally anyway) the last things I fit to an airframe in what is almost a finishing ceremony. Indeed it has become such a ritual that I'm utterly at a loss when I build one of the few jets in the stash  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

There's no reason why you shouldn't put a prop on a jet Chris. This IS WhiffWorld remember...............  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit