My Stash Just Grew Again 2023

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2022, 05:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Right here's the thread for 2023's purchases  :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

I'm the first..holy crap !!
Ok here it is ..
1 x Tamiya 1/48th scale  F4U-1D Vought Corsair  ;D

Was going to get this last year but found the Italeri 48th scale TR-1 which I've wanted for even longer than the Corsair ..so now I'm content for a wee while plane wise.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Mossie

2nd, I don't think I've been on the first page before.

Italeri (ESCI) 1/12 F-104G Cockpit

One I coveted as a youngster. A built up kit was in the window of an old model shop, never had the cash to buy it. A late Christmas present, it finally turned up due to the Royal Mail strikes.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on January 03, 2023, 08:02:40 PMI'm the first..holy crap !!
Ok here it is ..

Was going to get this last year but found the Italeri 48th scale TR-1 which I've wanted for even longer than the Corsair ..so now I'm content for a wee while plane wise.

Very nice kit, thinking of getting one myself. :thumbsup:

Quote from: Mossie on January 04, 2023, 09:45:25 AM2nd, I don't think I've been on the first page before.

Yep, same here but, here we are...  :angel:
Received this beast today..

Don't know if this has ever happened to any of you but, i contacted a guy who was selling one of these F-15 kits on scalemates, he asked to confirm if i wanted it cause there's another buyer interested and i did on the same day.
Then he took quite a few days to reply and in the meantime marked the kit as sold. I thought he'd sold it to the other buyer so, when he answered back saying the kit was mine, i'd already ordered it from a Spanish shop...
So, i stand by my word and i said i wanted it so, i wasn't going back and i'm now waiting for the second of these beauties... Lots of goodies in these Academy kits. :mellow:
I may even be foolish enough to get the F-15E that's on the shelf of the shop i visited last week... :rolleyes:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

AeroplaneDriver

Arriving a few days ago was my first of the year...

Kinetic 1/48 AMX Single Seater with Caracal Italian decal sheet.

A nice kit with tons of Whiffing potential. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Wardukw

Quote from: DogfighterZen on January 04, 2023, 12:13:22 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on January 03, 2023, 08:02:40 PMI'm the first..holy crap !!
Ok here it is ..

Very nice kit, thinking of getting one myself. :thumbsup:

Quote from: Mossie on January 04, 2023, 09:45:25 AM2nd, I don't think I've been on the first page before.

Yep, same here but, here we are...  :angel:
Received this beast today..

Don't know if this has ever happened to any of you but, i contacted a guy who was selling one of these F-15 kits on scalemates, he asked to confirm if i wanted it cause there's another buyer interested and i did on the same day.
Then he took quite a few days to reply and in the meantime marked the kit as sold. I thought he'd sold it to the other buyer so, when he answered back saying the kit was mine, i'd already ordered it from a Spanish shop...
So, i stand by my word and i said i wanted it so, i wasn't going back and i'm now waiting for the second of these beauties... Lots of goodies in these Academy kits. :mellow:
I may even be foolish enough to get the F-15E that's on the shelf of the shop i visited last week... :rolleyes:

Damn it's nice kit alright and happy I've got it at last and considering it's a Tamiya kit it's quite cheap so even more happy  ;D
Five tanks I scored off the same dude I brought those five planes from turned up today so now my tank count has gotten bigger...the Tiger is the full interior kit which is nice .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

When I realised Fujimi had repopped this I put it on my xmas list.
I ended up buying it myself today.
Skyline Bathurst '91 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
1/24 Nissan Skyline GT-R 32 Godzilla.  The Skaife/Richards 1991 Bathurst winning car.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Leading Observer

From the Airfix online sale all 1/72: NHS Charities Together BAe Hawk, Focke-Wolf Fw190A-8, Red Arrows Gnat, and Tornado F3. The last three are all the Starter Sets, so come with paint and a brush
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Leading Observer on January 05, 2023, 04:17:40 AMThe last three are all the Starter Sets, so come with paint and a brush

Check out what else they don't provide too.

The Lightning F2A starter sets have a very minimal decal sheet which doesn't include the typical yellow surround to the canopy.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

First NiB purchase for 2023: a Trumpeter 1:72 Jagdtiger with Porsche running gear, a whiffy model/vehicle already in itself.
However, I plan to modify it as an Elefant Ersatz, after E-Panzer production had gained momentum: with a smaller 88 mm gun with a longer barrel (L100 insetadof L71), a scratched mantlet to hold it, and an exchange of casemate and engine bay positions in the hull, to reduce gun overhang at the front.

Leading Observer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 05, 2023, 05:37:11 AM
Quote from: Leading Observer on January 05, 2023, 04:17:40 AMThe last three are all the Starter Sets, so come with paint and a brush

Check out what else they don't provide too.

The Lightning F2A starter sets have a very minimal decal sheet which doesn't include the typical yellow surround to the canopy.  :banghead:

Thanks for the heads up Kit, although as far as the decal sheets go, I probably won't be using much of them anyway. Certainly the Hawk is destined to be mated to Colins T,2 conversion set, and the other 3 have some vague notions bubbling away at the back of my mind
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Wardukw

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 05, 2023, 06:28:38 AMFirst NiB purchase for 2023: a Trumpeter 1:72 Jagdtiger with Porsche running gear, a whiffy model/vehicle already in itself.
However, I plan to modify it as an Elefant Ersatz, after E-Panzer production had gained momentum: with a smaller 88 mm gun with a longer barrel (L100 insetadof L71), a scratched mantlet to hold it, and an exchange of casemate and engine bay positions in the hull, to reduce gun overhang at the front.

Dizzy mate this I am liking and can not wait to see what you end up with  ;D
I used to have the Dragon Hunting Tiger with the Porsche suspension in 35th..so many track parts it make ya go nuts..over 600 parts to the tracks alone  :o

Captain Canada

Snagged 4 more Roco Minitanks. 2 x Leopard 1A2 ( both missing the skirts but I can scratch those ) An M548 Minenerfer ( will but modified to a regular cargo type ) And the final one is a wee ILTIS ambulance.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

rickshaw

Most unusual for me, I purchased a HMMV in 1/36 scaled and some Australian Army Cam Green acrylic paint from SMS (An Australian manufacturer). :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on January 05, 2023, 10:20:18 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 05, 2023, 06:28:38 AMFirst NiB purchase for 2023: a Trumpeter 1:72 Jagdtiger with Porsche running gear, a whiffy model/vehicle already in itself.

Dizzy mate this I am liking and can not wait to see what you end up with  ;D
I used to have the Dragon Hunting Tiger with the Porsche suspension in 35th..so many track parts it make ya go nuts..over 600 parts to the tracks alone  :o

That's why I stay with the small 1:72 kits, also a space/storage issue...  ;D 
I also like vinyl tracks, what seems not to be the norm in this genre....