1/72 affordable kits with complete jet engines?

Started by sandiego89, December 25, 2022, 03:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandiego89

Looking for affordable 1/72 kits that have jet engines for dioramas and display.  What kits have engines that include a complete jet engine that could be displayed outside the airframe and be displayed by themselves?  Especially interested in cold war jets 1945 to about 1980 period.  Whittles, J-33, Jumos, J-57, J-75,  J-79's,, TF-33....NOT looking for expensive resin or photo-etch engines.  Thank you! 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

63cpe

Revell Mirage 3 and F-16 has a seperate engine in it. But that might be another era...
Monogram B-52 has part of an engine displayed.

David aka 63CPE

PR19_Kit

The Mikr-Mir AW52 flying wing has two Nenes included in the kit, but for some reason there's only enough parts to build 1.5 of them. It's missing a number of combustion chambers.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

The Fujimi F-14, has two, unfortunately it's no longer "cheap".

jcf

Dizzyfugu

The Mistercraft/Intech Iskra trainer comes with a separate engine, which is omittable when you build the model.
It's VERY small, though, but could pose well as a helicopter turbine or maybe as a J-30 or a WWII BMW jet engine. IIRC I transplanted one into the fuselage of a Ta 183 Flitzer, between the landing gear wells.

zenrat

A&A Lavochkin La-200b has a complete engine.  A very intricate and detailed Klimov VK-1 (Nene derived).  Probably not cheap but you can build the kit without it if you are up for vague instructions, overly broken down parts, and terrible fit.

Not 1/72 but the 1/96 Lindberg Victor has four complete engines.  Albeit very undetailed ones.  They are large enough to pass as smaller 1/72 engines.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Quote from: 63cpe on December 26, 2022, 12:21:50 AMRevell Mirage 3 and F-16 has a seperate engine in it. But that might be another era...
Monogram B-52 has part of an engine displayed.

David aka 63CPE

The F-16 was the prototype if I remember correctly.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Dizzyfugu

Yes, and the kit has seen some Revell-reboxings since its introduction.

kitnut617

And I have a Dragon Golden Wings (Cyber-Hobby ? ) Gloster Meteor Mk.I which has two complete engines. It's for sale too, PM me if you're interested.
Just remembered, I have a part-started Fujimi F-14 too. You can have that one for whatever the postage is -- (from Alberta mind)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Wooksta!

Dragon He 162 has a very nice BMW 003E. Their Me P.1101 had something purporting to be a Jumo 004.

Their Meteors also have rather nice Wetlands.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: jcf on December 26, 2022, 01:41:40 AMHere's a Karaya 1/72nd R-R Nene for $8.00.
Karaya Nene

That's a LOT better looking than the Mikr-Mir alternative.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

kerick

Quote from: zenrat on December 26, 2022, 03:05:27 AMNot 1/72 but the 1/96 Lindberg Victor has four complete engines.  Albeit very undetailed ones.  They are large enough to pass as smaller 1/72 engines.

I have these if you want them. All the parts, no paint.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

sandiego89

Thank you all for the replies.

Kinut, I have the Meteor, and the early Wellands? are fantastic

Good idea Kerick, I have that Victor, but thank you for the offer!

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA