Spaceship!!! - but not what you expect

Started by Madhatter, December 19, 2022, 10:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madhatter

Well, some of you might guess, but a lot of people won't!

This is my last build for the year and my most fun one. Completely out of the box with kit supplied lighting and so on. The only thing it didn't do was build itself

The kits is quite basic at it's core, but highly detailed. Kind of in the same vein as Bandai in terms of how it goes together (not a drop of glue required). Ingenious lighting system which is a tad tricky to get to in certain areas, and the center drive thing with the orange light was quite confusing initially, but I got there in the end

All painted in Gunze and Tamiya metallics. The kit says paint it (yawwwwwn) grey but there was no way in hell I was doing that. I decided I would go for a nod to Gundam here and try something a little different. I like it myself and so does my son who is insisting he gets it when I die. Talk about planning ahead..... geez

Enough words, time to give you what you came here for - pics:

Even the stand lights up!

Well, that's all the pics. I hope they brought a small sliver of enjoyment or inspiration to your day. I had a lot of fun with this one and if you're in the market for a subject that will turn some heads, I would suggest getting this kit. You don't even need to know a single thing about electronics to make it look good as its all taken care of for you

As always, thanks for stopping by and having a look  :thumbsup:
Si

Flyer

Ah, I remember this ship from talking about it a while back.

"It's a airbrush Jim, but not as we know it" ;D

Looks awesome, well built! :thumbsup:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Old Wombat

Quote from: Flyer on December 19, 2022, 10:37:26 PMAh, I remember this ship from talking about it a while back.

"It's a airbrush Jim, but not as we know it" ;D

Looks awesome, well built! :thumbsup:

Precisely! ;D

Fantastic work, Si! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

That looks fantastic  :thumbsup:

Make, Model, Brand etc please

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Look great, but how about some scale reference.   :mellow: Do you have a cat?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Quote from: zenrat on December 20, 2022, 02:57:52 AMLook great, but how about some scale reference.   :mellow: Do you have a cat?

Or a Banana

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pellson

It's lovely. That said - from which universe is it? Star Wars, Star trek, or what? I have to admit my ignorance, I'm afraid, but I'd really like to know.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Madhatter

Thanks guys  :thumbsup:
Its made by some obscure Chinese brand that I've never heard of but it's called the Arkhitect Colonizer and its scale is meant to be 1/3000. I'll do a size reference shot for you, but its a decent size.
This ship is not part of any series I know of. Its just the result of some guy who smoked a large quantity of weed and looked at his airbrush and thought it would make a cool spaceship. (That may not be true but thats how I sold it to myself  :thumbsup:  )

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

kerick

Just a quick search showed this;
https://www.usagundamstore.com/products/1-3000-arkhitect-advanced-research-colonizer
Best price I found. One store wanted $110!!
A very interesting kit! I'm not quite sure what I would do with the "color cup" part of the ship. It just seems out of place.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Rheged

It looks A}  like an intergalactic airbrush  and B)  absolutely magnificent
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on December 20, 2022, 09:42:50 AMIt looks A}  like an intergalactic airbrush  and B)  absolutely magnificent

JUST what I was thinking too.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Madhatter

thank you guys - I'm sorry for the late reply
There are 2 versions of this ship - the other one didn't seem as cool as this one and had been released after I got this one. Of course, now that I want to link it I can't find it. I'll edit this once I find it
Have a great Christmas  :thumbsup: