Short Nightwatchman AEW.2 Floatplane with photos

Started by McColm, November 30, 2022, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Based on the  1/144  A-50 AWACS model kit, originally powered by four turbofan engines.  These have been used on the Revell Convair Tradewind GB build.
I managed to find another already built but sold as 'spares or repair 'but it was damaged so I have used the engines.

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

McColm

The contra-rotating propellers have been glued on I have filled in the cockpit with filler,  PSR is in progress.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

McColm

The Shorts Nightwatchman AEW.1 is now a floatplane having found a pair of resin floats. I got the idea from seeing a IL-76 Candit on skis in a magazine. I think the article was about Russian Arctic aircraft.

Tophe

McColm

Good job it's not a 1/72 scale model kit,  otherwise it would be massive.

McColm

A few photos of the new floats and the crew access chute.

Tophe

Wow! Very surprizing! ;)
I mean: I had imagined floats under pylons like on a float-Spitfire, while it is true that here the fuselage itself has such a big height that floats directly under it are in perfect position! Congratulations! :thumbsup:

McColm

Quote from: Tophe on May 31, 2023, 02:55:23 AMWow! Very surprizing! ;)
I mean: I had imagined floats under pylons like on a float-Spitfire, while it is true that here the fuselage itself has such a big height that floats directly under it are in perfect position! Congratulations! :thumbsup:
Pure fluke.

McColm

I found a pair of floats from the Revell Convair Tradewind kit,  PSR,  paint and decals to follow.

Tophe

Captain Canada

I can hear some California surfer type saying " nice floats, man "
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

A surfer? With a huge fat belly, that could be me... (if I knew how to surf) ;)