Finnish He-100 racers

Started by TomZ, November 27, 2022, 10:24:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Finnish He-100 racers

The Finnish Air Force ordered 200 He-100s from Germany. FAF pilots had 663 air victories during 1943–44 with He-100s and lost 34 in combat (20 shot down by enemy aircraft). 23 were non-combat losses and other write-offs. 102 aircraft survived the war.

Utti air base in Finland had a mid-summer festival open day on June 23rd, 1950. It held an air show, to which participated a total of twelve aircraft, from both HLeLv 31 and HLeLv 33.

It culminated at 7 pm to an American Reno style air race around the pole with four specially marked planes marked "A" to "D". Regarding the fact that the racers flew in circles, the historians came to conclusion that the aircraft the racers flew were marked on the left side only.

Kits:
Beginning of this year David (63coe) was kind enough to donate four built He-100 indberg kits he acquired on the Internet. The kits were built to a rather questionable standard and needed quite some tender love and care. I decided to turn them into Finnish racers using my own decals.
Some before pics:

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

perttime

The decals might look a bit crude. As far as I can tell from period photos, the real world Bf 109 "race paint" was pretty crude, so these match it quite well.  :thumbsup:

TomZ

Quote from: perttime on November 27, 2022, 12:10:27 PMThe decals might look a bit crude. As far as I can tell from period photos, the real world Bf 109 "race paint" was pretty crude, so these match it quite well.  :thumbsup:

That's exactly what I tried to achieve  ;)

TomZ

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Very original Tom  ;D  :thumbsup:
Lovely work from very questionable builds ..I should say extremely questionable builds..who the hell puts the crosses on that way ?
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on November 27, 2022, 07:39:46 PMVery original Tom  ;D  :thumbsup:
Lovely work from very questionable builds ..I should say extremely questionable builds..who the hell puts the crosses on that way ?

At least one person, evidently!  ;D

Good job on those.  :thumbsup:

Dizzyfugu

Well done!  :thumbsup: And what an elegant aircraft a clean He 100 is/was.  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on November 27, 2022, 11:25:33 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on November 27, 2022, 07:39:46 PMVery original Tom  ;D  :thumbsup:

Good job on those.  :thumbsup:
Yeah Rick..what did they do??  ..hold the bloody instructions sideways  ;D
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 27, 2022, 11:44:43 PMWell done!  :thumbsup: And what an elegant aircraft a clean He 100 is/was.  :thumbsup:

Agreed..it's a beauty and it was a shame it didn't get more use ..to me it's much better looking than the 109 or the 190
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Who are we to judge how someone should put their transfers on?
I'm sure they had a backstory to explain it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on November 29, 2022, 02:45:28 AM

Oh, I quite agree. I certainly can't judge, given some of my less-than-sterling efforts in the past...
Maybe it was a case of "This will give them a laugh, in the future!"  ;)

Wardukw

It goes one of 3 ways...either this was their first build and they lost the instructions and just went for it which is fine by me  or they had no clue and still went for it anyway..all good or three..total wiff...either way I've
 never ever seen  crosses put on they way .

TomZ

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on November 29, 2022, 09:48:31 PM

It goes one of 3 ways...either this was their first build and they lost the instructions and just went for it which is fine by me  or they had no clue and still went for it anyway..all good or three..total wiff...either way I've

Or of course all the photos that we know have been altered in a world wide conspiracy to make us think the crosses go on straight......
:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

TomZ

Wardukw

Quote from: TomZ on November 30, 2022, 03:53:45 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on November 29, 2022, 09:48:31 PM

Or of course all the photos that we know have been altered in a world wide conspiracy to make us think the crosses go on straight......
:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

TomZ

Not into conspiracy theories Tom but that makes perfect sense man ..perfect sense  :thumbsup:  ;D