RAH-66 Comanche

Started by rickshaw, November 10, 2022, 06:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

As I couldn't find a thread dedicated to this aircraft, I decided to create one.  Chris if you can find one, please edit this to put it there.

Everything you wanted to know about the RAH-66 Comanche
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Oooh yes, I built one, the Westland manufactured WAH-66 Longbow Comanche with the 'over the rotor' radar, and a BERP rotor.

You cannot view this attachment.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Got one in The Stash, too, yet without a true plan.  :angel:

Kit, is that pentagonal radome fixed or does it turn with the rotor? Looks very good.  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 10, 2022, 11:30:58 PMKit, is that pentagonal radome fixed or does it turn with the rotor? Looks very good.  :thumbsup:

It's fixed relative to the fuselage. I modified the kit rotor shaft so the rotor turns around it, and the shaft is extended above the rotor. The radome is then a plug fit on the shaft. I remove the radome and the rotor when transporting the model to shows.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Nice - and a rotating radome would not make much sense.  :thumbsup:

AeroplaneDriver

Here's one I did many years ago.  Falklands based British Army Comanche AH.1

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 11, 2022, 01:27:15 AMNice - and a rotating radome would not make much sense.  :thumbsup:

Indeed so, it's meant to be an update on the Longbow radar carried by the British Army Apaches, and it was the very DEVIL to build too! It's not actually symmetrical about its fore and aft axis, but only you and I know that of course.  ;) 

Regards
Kit