Vulcan in hemp?

Started by The Rat, October 17, 2022, 10:04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

Got this from a discussion on the facebook page 'Vulcans, Victors, and Valiants.'

Original post

QuoteQuick Q regarding Victor K2 colour schemes.  In the early 1980's the K2's went from camo to Hemp, but were they ever painted in desert "pink". Can't seem to find a definitive answer, although some photos they appear "pinkish".

And after some discussion, the author replied

QuoteNow this could be interesting.......imagine if the Vulcan had seen a few more years in active service - would they have been resprayed in hemp and would the group approve ??

Just putting it out there for anyone interested. Including me!  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

McColm

One was painted Sand and Dark Earth on the underneath for a Red Flag exercise, so hemp is fine with me.

Captain Canada

It would be ok, but in no way would it look any better. The wrap around was and is the best looking scheme for me.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

scooter

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 17, 2022, 11:20:38 AMIt would be ok, but in no way would it look any better. The wrap around was and is the best looking scheme for me.

But you must admit a Vulcan in hemp would look so much better than ACC's all grey schemes for the 8th AF.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

The Rat

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 17, 2022, 11:20:38 AMIt would be ok, but in no way would it look any better. The wrap around was and is the best looking scheme for me.

It was classic, but the all anti-flash white is the one from my youth. Still looks sexy!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

McColm

They should have painted them anti-searchlight black during the Black Buck missions.

Dizzyfugu

IIRC the Vulcan(s) deployed in the Falkland conflict had their undersides painted Dark Sea Grey (with the standard Dark Green/Medium Sea Grey from above) - looks very odd, and AFAIK it was done to conceal the bright original undersides against the ground when banking steeply at low level.

Pellson

AMEN!!  :wub:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Old Wombat

Quote from: Pellson on October 18, 2022, 01:29:55 AM

AMEN!!  :wub:

I dunno, over-all hemp or desert pink, or even Barley grey, sound pretty good to me. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitnut617

Hemp has a way of changing colour in different light settings, below is a ""pink"" Nimrod but it's really painted hemp. I got this from someone on the Air-Britain forum after I had made a query about pink Nimrods.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Rat

Quote from: McColm on October 17, 2022, 03:15:10 PMThey should have painted them anti-searchlight black during the Black Buck missions.

Now THAT I like!  :wub:  The Valiant B.2 certainly looked orgasmically good like that!

kitnut617

I've been thinking  Gloss Black undersides for my Concorde B.1 project. Top side will be a variation of my 'look-down-through-the-clouds' scheme like this below.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Joe C-P

Ohhhh.  I was thinking Spock enjoying a field of plants.

I like this idea better!
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

Quote from: JoeP on October 21, 2022, 02:44:25 PMOhhhh.  I was thinking Spock enjoying a field of plants.

I like this idea better!

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D