SAAF Jagter

Started by Nick, September 28, 2022, 05:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

It would be a good idea if I marked my target for this group build. I've finally got all the bits together to finish off the model.

I'm using the Revell Hunter FGA.9 kit with XtraDecal sheet SAAF Postwar Fighters. Gentlemen's scale of 1/72.

Story:
During the Korean War South Africa's Air Force sent their 2 Squadron with P-51 Mustangs. These were soon outclassed by the Migs and replaced with Sabres.

Seeking to replace the Sabres in 1960 the SAAF opted for Hawker Hunters. 24 FGA.9s were delivered between 1961 and 1965. This also meant a new camouflage scheme to fit the bush colours.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Nick

This is not going to get done in time. If I do finish it this week it won't look as good so I'm not going to rush it. I'd rather have it on the table at Telford looking good.

I looked at it this morning and the front bay door has gone missing. Probably knocked it off while trying to fit the weapon pylons.

I managed to get more weight in the nose so it doesn't tail sit - thank goodness the footwells are just the right size for tiny ball bearings!

NARSES2

Would you like the thread moved Nick ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 12, 2022, 05:58:15 AMWould you like the thread moved Nick ?

Yes please, park her in with all the Aircraft.

Cheers!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.