Project Mohawk: a Far Model

Started by FAR148, September 27, 2022, 08:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAR148

The Mohawk is not a glamorous aircraft by any stretch of the imagination. I got it as a starting point for a German WW2 asymmetrical fighter similar to the BV-141. And soon after I got the Mohawk kit, guess what Hobbyboss release... So, the Mohawk was a "Stash Queen" for a few years. After the huge Scooter diorama, I told myself the next project will be simpler. Project Mohawk like all my builds will be a "What-if". Not sure what nationality it's going to be, but it will be a target decoy launch aircraft. The only major changes I'm going to do to the airframe is new props and spinner, which are done. I have a ton of resin aftermarket for this project. Such as ejection seats, exhaust, pylons, wheels, cowling correction, various scoops and vents. Along with the decoys are mastered, molded and I've pressure cast a few resin copies.

To see more of Project Mohawk, Look here
https://www.far148studio.com/portfolio-2/project-mohawk

Take Care,
Steven

Old Wombat

Good to see you back, Steven! Excellent build, as usual! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Cool.  I've always liked Mohawks.
 :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Beautiful. That thing looks spot on. Yes, maybe she's not all that glamourous, but man, can those things dance through the sky !  Too bad the one on the circuit over here is crashed and gone.....
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

I was at Oshkosh airshow a long time ago and there was one for sale. If only I had piles of stupid money laying around!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Glenn Gilbertson

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

FAR148

Many thanks for all the wonderful comment. I really appreciate it  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 28, 2022, 05:03:59 AMVery nice!  :thumbsup:

It should be said that your Mohawk build inspired me to added the targeting pod to the nose of mine. Thanks for the inspiration!

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 28, 2022, 11:12:54 AMBeautiful. That thing looks spot on. Yes, maybe she's not all that glamourous, but man, can those things dance through the sky !  Too bad the one on the circuit over here is crashed and gone.....

I played airplane with it many times and flew it all around my apartment <_< .

Thanks for looking and take care,
Steven

comrade harps

Whatever.

diegoepoimaria

FAR148

Glad you lads like them  :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Steven