TSR.2 in IPMS UK mag

Started by Nick, September 17, 2022, 03:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

There's a rather nice build of an Airfix TSR.2 kit in the recent IPMS UK magazine (Issue 4 2022). It's by Michael Gething who took it on as a Lockdown challenge. He's chosen a wrap-around grey-green camo and 27 Sqdn markings like a Tornado along with Freightdog's bomb bay and refuelling probe set.

It looks very good and his backstory makes a lot of sense. A small number of early S.1 variants, some twin-seat T.2 versions and 100+ fully operational S.3 bombers and recce birds.  :thumbsup:

Pellson

Would it be possible take a pic at least of some of the photos? There's no getting that magazine over here..
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Nick

Quote from: Pellson on September 18, 2022, 03:25:08 AMWould it be possible take a pic at least of some of the photos? There's no getting that magazine over here..

Send me your email address and I'll send you a scan of the article.

Pellson

Much appreciated. PM incoming  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

The Wooksta!

The whole TSR2 instead of Vulcan for Black Buck?  Nonsense. The engines couldn't carry enough oil.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 21, 2022, 03:30:36 PMThe whole TSR2 instead of Vulcan for Black Buck?  Nonsense. The engines couldn't carry enough oil.

Perhaps they had an oil tanker Victor as well as a fuel tanker?  ;D

TWO IFR probes, fuel on one side and oil on the other?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

pre mixed like 2 stroke ?   :wacko:   :unsure:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!